SAU Community

twin plate clutch reco?

Skorj

hi, i am thinking of buying a seciond hand after market clutch for my 32 gtr,

it is a " nismo g max twin plate sprung centred clutch including flywheel.

the cover and intermediate plate is made of alloy and the lightened nismo flywheel is steel heat treated "

it came of an rb25 and was in full working oder, but the owner recomends getting it rebuttoned to help it have a longer life.

i just wanted to ask whats rebuttoning? compared to getting it fully reco'd...

and i rang a few clutch places to get a quote on getting it rebuttoned and they all told me they would need to send it away to get done, and no one gould give me any kind of estimate on what it would cost, they all said they would need to c the clutch..

can anyone give me any kind of idea what sort of cost i might be looking at to get some work on the clutch to 'freshen' it up a bit

thanks for any info..

cheers

Ive got the same clutch and i am debating to rebuild it or not, It is an exedy made clutch and if you want to replace the clutch plates with new ones you are looking at about $1100. I still havent done anything to mine yet, mine still has got some life left in it so i might just clean it up and throw it in. I have heard that some people can custom make clutch plates to suit this clutch, not sure if that is true though. If you find out anything send me a PM.

• 1 month later...