SAU Community

Live police scanner stream...

EXIT

Hehe... now THIS is a good idea: Get a scanner, capture the audio and stream it onto the net in real time!

You'll need WinAmp to listen to the Perth boys-in-blue here.

(they also do ambulances & TransPerth etc. - the police stuff is usually on later at night)

Originally posted by RadiuM

nice...

now to wait for something to happen around this area.

Shaun

Well, I was listening last night at 11pm and some kids were breaking into the Riverton shops (near me) - was almost tempted to go down for a look!

Anyone here ever been on a scanner cruise ? :)

yeah, we had a mates scanner for a few weeks and just drove around looking for action. we heard there was a bomb found at the belmont shops once when we were in freo.. we got there before the media and everything.. odd.

turns out it was an old used shell, nothing else of major importance.

I keep meaning to buy a scanner, one day.

Shaun

It's amazing what kind of stuff goes on out there in Perth at night! Also had a mate's scanner a few years ago and was listening to a police pursuit up the Mitchell freeway - the cops had to abort a few times becuase of the speeds involved but it all ended with the car thieves ditching their ride and the cops catching them on foot in Scarborough - that was about an hour's worth of good entertainment! :)

Yeah seems as though the link is down!

This is fantastic though!! how cool would it be to be listening to something if it was happening nearby! i would be at the scene of a crime in a jiffy!

Hmmmmm how could we get this link so we could be listeening to it whilst in a car? Laptop with Mobile internet connection?? Big phone bill for that though huh! any other suggestion....It would be so much fun!! though quite annoying for the police if they were trying to sort out crimes and some little punks in skylines were there before they were...ahahah the looks on there faces would be funny though!!! something like this i'd say::eek:

are police scanners, themselves, expensive?

haha, 25gtt, imagine listening to it and they're looking for someone on your street at night

I'd be at the window for the rest of the time going :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

*knock* *knock*

:eek:

Originally posted by 25GTT

Yeah seems as though the link is down!

This is fantastic though!! how cool would it be to be listening to something if it was happening nearby! i would be at the scene of a crime in a jiffy!

Hmmmmm how could we get this link so we could be listeening to it whilst in a car? Laptop with Mobile internet connection?? Big phone bill for that though huh! any other suggestion....It would be so much fun!! though quite annoying for the police if they were trying to sort out crimes and some little punks in skylines were there before they were...ahahah the looks on there faces would be funny though!!! something like this i'd say::eek:

Just go down to Dick Smith and buy a scanner for a couple-a-hundred bucks and off you go! If enough 'liners had scanners, we could organise a Scanner Cruise (11pm-3am - following the crime trail through Perth! :D )

Originally posted by EXIT

Just go down to Dick Smith and buy a scanner for a couple-a-hundred bucks and off you go! If enough 'liners had scanners, we could organise a Scanner Cruise (11pm-3am - following the crime trail through Perth! :D )

I think a handheld one sells for about $400 IIRC..

WELL worth the investment... as is a radar detector....

Guest GR33DyMANGO

i thought i heard tandy sells em for about 90bucks? does this sound correct?

one of my friends has this awesome airplane scanner. he can listen some pretty kewl stuff. when everyone had analogue mobiles he could listen in.. one time he tuned into this guy talking to one of those 0055 numbers.. haha..

my grammer is pretty shockin in this post. i sound like an 8yr old:eek1:

Originally posted by GR33DyMANGO

i thought i heard tandy sells em for about 90bucks? does this sound correct?

Hell no!

$90 would be UHF handheld's.. e.g. 40channel CB's. etc. :D

the scanners are upwards, above $300...

my friend just bought both a few weeks ago :)

there's an actual scanner out for 90$ at one of the shops.. a mate saw it and checked it out.. but it only covers certain frequencies.. something ill have to look into before purchasing it.

mates old one use to do up to 1ghz?? or some crap, you were able to listen to the old analog mobiles which was always a blast :D.. but now there gone.. is there any need to listen to those frequencies up that high?

I just want, police band etc.

Shaun

if ya spend a little more money you can get a police scanner and a uhf cb in one unit, either hand-held or fixed in-car. i have got one fixed in my car that does police and cb, and there is never a dull moment.

well worth the money....:D