SAU Community

intake restrictor

cefiro

Already removed it, I am running 1.2 bar at the moment so I cant see it helping, just hindering. Anyhow thats just what I believe, I just think if it does work it would be on standard boost levels and if it works well then why dont they continue on with it with other later model cars or aftermarket ones being sold. Arrogent attitue to have, but anyhow can always put it back it if there are any dramas.

I looked at my z32 AFM grill today and thought to take it out as alotta people seem to but I thought the extra .5kw I'd gain is probably not worth the 1:1000000 chance a peice of anything falls in and goes into the engine. *shrug* Never know maybe a bit of your air filter or something.. It's just cheap insurance I guess.

yeah my cef has that in there i just left it there, it would be there for a reason, nissan wouldnt waste time to develop something like that for no reason, to me it seems similar to one of those hiclone things and it doesnt seem like its going to get sucked into the turbo cause its in there pretty solidly

I took it out and also had the gasket between the exhaust manifold and the turbo replaced as it broke, and have got a definite increase in power. More than likley I had leaking gas from the broken gasket costing me power. But I have noticed that the strange loud hissing noise gone obviously due to the removal of the device in the intake pipe. anyhow I am happy with how the cars running now.