SAU Community

34 Daughterboards

ed

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the boards we use for the S14 and work well.

Expensive when bought in small amounts so the group buy will be a good thing.

How is this going and how many more do we need to sell for a cheap price.

We may get a few to help with price purchase. Have you got the address table yet?

Cheers

Ken

ecl,

The main benefits on a stock 34 will be the ability to raise the boost cut threshold, remove the speed limiter, and retune the factory maps to suit australian fuel and conditions, typical gains on standard boost just with tuning are around 10 rwkw.

Doc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

Finally managed to pull the ROM file from the stock ECU (thanks 666DAN & also DUMHEAD from silviansw.com).

Now all we need is the address file for the rom or try to crack it.

Yes this board will, according to GRiD Japan, work with S14/15/ER34(RWD, 25T)/U12/C34.

I do not have the rom files for the S14/15/U12/C34 though.

I've attached the ER34 manual BIN file I pulled from the stock ECU.

Ben, do you have a laptop with 9 pin serial?

The cable needs 9 pin serial to work.

Then we can pull the 34 GTT auto maps.

Give me a buzz.

Ricky, I've put up the manual map's. See if you can crack it ;)

So far when I apply the ECR33 address table to the 34 BIN the only thing that is the same is the rev limiter.

7050 rpm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the badbiki daughterboard pictured wont work with other R33/R34 (non ER34) ecus which have a Hitachi H8 chip. these need a special daughterboard which houses the H8 chip and decoder circuitry.

i am able to disassemble and create address files from binary images (things like K constant, RPM and speed cuts if not in the rom editor ADR files are a bit more tricky but not impossible)

that one posted i see maps around 1200- 2800. the VQ is 1200-127F

what is the main chip number on the ER34 ecu? ie what type of CPU

the A12 number is the JECS identifcation code. the bottom number would be serial number

the top one. LM = manufacturer code of which there are about 20 listed for LM on chipdir. i think it is probably Hitachi as most Nissan ecus are but could be anything. SR20 ecus are badged JECS but are Mitsubishi chips for example

how accurate are those digits? i know they get hard to read. best with magnifying class under fluro light at some wierd angle to read the writing properly. at worst wont if i cant get it disassembled wont get constants (rpm, k const, speed limit) only tables/maps from doing a rom compare