SAU Community

GTR ecu in a gts-t

hey,

Im about to undertake major mods after my exams finish, and i was just wondering how hard would it be to fit a stock gtr ecu to a gts-t. The car will be running a rb26head, twin turbo etc etc but still the stock rb25 block.

I dont really want to go aftermarket as that brakes the budget (also i read somewhere that the gtr plenum uses map senors so i would have to use something like a wolf3d which is alittle bit $$$$) so i through maybe stock gts-t or possible gtr ecu.

Is this possible?

thanks mike

p.s the car is a R33

i think its constructed quite well

you are reknown for dreaming/talking crap/being a jew

i quote you from 2 days ago.................

"hay kidd, any chance u know where i could pick up some cheapest shocks, mine r ***, the front are leaking oil i need to replace but cash isnt my friend"

THATS RIGHT JEW!

you cant afford what your saying and you cant afford these useless mods! (and yes they are useless)

Whats going to happen when your illegal hooning out mallaga wears out your tyres? or was it "Watching the show! as i drop 2nd in my ping spec WHALE!"

i think its constructed quite well

you are reknown for dreaming/talking crap/being a jew

i quote you from 2 days ago.................

"hay kidd, any chance u know where i could pick up some cheapest shocks, mine r ***, the front are leaking oil  i need to replace but cash isnt my friend"

THATS RIGHT JEW!

you cant afford what your saying and you cant afford these useless mods! (and yes they are useless)

Whats going to happen when your illegal hooning out mallaga wears out your tyres? or was it "Watching the show! as i drop 2nd in my  ping spec WHALE!"

ScarifieR, i have the money for the project already save; waiting for after exams when i have sometimes to look for the parts etc. So thats why i was asking for cheap shock and if you quote my next post i said not cheap shocks but some half alright but doesnt cost a heap, meaning something around the 1k mark.

thankyou again for your reply, keep on with the constructive criticism as it is welcome

The GTR ECU can work and it uses MAF not MAP sensors and can be remapped but the cost of everything inc GTR heads is nuts for the power you will get.

Just fit a Good turbo and ECU plus good exhaust and cooler and you have a safe 330+rwhp using the RB25.Total cost of around $6-6500 but the GTR setup would cost around 13k all up inc exhaust cooler head labour gaskets etc and then you still have a 2nd hand turbos,ECUs head ETC.Your comp ratio will be low also so you should really change pistons etc.

Not the best way to do a budget performance upgrade as even a complete RB26 import motor would be cheaper.

Copy Shutto boys old RB25 setup as it made 360rwhp and was a nice car to drive.

hey,

Im about to undertake major mods after my exams finish, and i was just wondering how hard would it be to fit a stock gtr ecu to a gts-t. The car will be running a rb26head, twin turbo etc etc but still the stock rb25 block.

My first question would be - why? Apart from the obvious horn pleasure in saying you have a (fully sik) twin turbo, what is it that you want here? Certain model RB25 head's are known to flow *very* well. The benefits a RB26 head bring are negliglble compared to the dollar outlay.

I dont really want to go aftermarket as that brakes the budget (also i read somewhere that the gtr plenum uses map senors so i would have to use something like a wolf3d which is alittle bit $$$$) so i through maybe stock gts-t or possible gtr ecu.

Your second problem is the need to do these things on the cheap. Change the head (and compression ratio a side effect) and hope to not to change the ecu? Good luck.

My advice? Enjoy the car as is. Do basic exhaust/intake and suspension mods untill you finish high school and get a decent income. Then go all out on what you want without burdening your parents on frivolous bullshit you can't afford.

I was like you once Mike, just pull your head out of the clouds :)

hey steve, thanks for the reply, the reason i was going to do it as i already had a price quote for the rb26head and it wasnt a bad price.

but cheers for the reply, helps to put things into place with price etc, im going to contact my supply again and make sure the price he gave me inc stuff like the turbos, plenum etc etc

Gradenko, cheers for the reply too :) the reason for the rb26 was that it has part such as value springs etc and the rb25 does not have such parts, also the cost of parts for the 26 would be cheaper in the long run. also i would be able to increase the max rev the car could take.

Im thread, it sound great and with my quote of price even better. i guess i will get a 2nd and 3rd quote just to make sure its right

thanks steve and Gradenko :D

mike

Go for a drive in Pauls car if you think you need a GTR head.

Make sure you inc the cost of drilling and tapping the RB25 block to 12mm bolts to suit the RB26 head, the cost will blow out and at 17 you dont want to get 1/2 way thru a big job and find you cant afford to finish it.

Had my valve springs measured and compared against rb26 springs when my head was being ported - there was 1/10th of f*ck all between them. If you'd said hydraulic vs solid lifters I might have said "maybe", but just look at the kind of revs steve can run RB25's to without needing to chage stuff like that.

RB26 heads do have different flow characteristics, they are built for a high rev engine and outperform RB25 heads at very high revs. This didn't suit my build requirments (7000rpm rev limit) so I don't really consider it much of an advantage. At lower boost, my RB25 head is actually more effecient than a ported RB26 and will be better on the road for it.

Go for a drive in Pauls car if you think you need a GTR head.

Make sure you inc the cost of drilling and tapping the RB25 block to 12mm bolts to suit the RB26 head, the cost will blow out and at 17 you dont want to get 1/2 way thru a big job and find you cant afford to finish it.

Steve, i was told this was not NEED, i could do it if i like but it didnt have to be done

Gradenko, the money for the project, has been save by me and my parent has nothing to do with giving me money towards it. I was told i didnt have to replace the ecu, so i through i might just grab an safc II and keep the stock ecu but if it is needed i will have to wait and factor in the cost.

thanks again for the reply :) like i said in my 1st post, i am waiting till after my exam have finish (tee) so im just tring to get all the info now

thanks mike :D

... At lower boost, my RB25 head is actually more effecient than a ported RB26 and will be better on the road for it.

I dont follow that? If we were talking NA then i may agree, but i thought it all goes out the window when you introduce forced induction.

It would be very interesting to see a completely std RB25 bottom end matched with a std RB26 head, complete with std cams, mult throttle setup etc etc...then throw at it a std RB25 turbo.

What are ppls thoughts on the differences in power and delivery?

Roy, i was reading in a mag (forget the name) they had a issue about rb25 tuning and it basicly said the only weakest in the rb25 is that didnt flow as good as an rb26 in the higher-power range. so i guess at stock lvl the differences might not be that great... (guess ?)

Something along those lines, i will try and find the mag and post up wat it said.