SAU Community

aftermath of fri night

copbait

Your so right, who gives a rats arse if its fair or not, just do as you are told, good boy - appathetic attitudes really piss me off - maybe you should become a cop, you seem to think that they are right regardless.

Fact - the SA POL DO NOT ENFORCE THE LAW, WITH REGARDS TO THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT CORRECTLY,  

Fact - TPT SA DO NOT ENFORCE VEHICLE STANDARDS CORRECTLY.

I have had enough of these forums

Take care all.

All the Road Traffic Act and Road Traffic Regulations say with regard to ride height is it has to meet ADRs and have a minimum 100mm clearance. How is that wrong or harsh?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your so right, who gives a rats arse if its fair or not, just do as you are told, good boy - appathetic attitudes really piss me off - maybe you should become a cop, you seem to think that they are right regardless.

Fact - the SA POL DO NOT ENFORCE THE LAW, WITH REGARDS TO THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT CORRECTLY,  

Fact - TPT SA DO NOT ENFORCE VEHICLE STANDARDS CORRECTLY.

I have had enough of these forums

Take care all.

OOOOK......................

Hey, this is reality and they are the RULES and regulations that govern this state. If you dont like it, do your little bid to fight their bullshit like you attempted to last time. Me personally, Ill do my best to keep my cars 'looking' legal. And the one that doesnt, ill just play the game of staying away. There are more serious matters in life to be whinging about defects on an obviously defective car. By the way, how did your little fight against TSA end up again????? :talk2hand

All the Road Traffic Act and Road Traffic Regulations say with regard to ride height is it has to meet ADRs and have a minimum 100mm clearance. How is that wrong or harsh?

Then there's the 1/3 of suspension travel, then there's the minimum height your headlights must sit... If they don't get you on one thing they will get you on another *when they want to*.

Adam,

I actually hav'nt looked at the reg's for sa. however i do know that a 100mm block is passed under your car at a regency pk inspection and cannot foul anthing under your car-eg:exhaust, handbrake cables, electrical cables or suspension components etc..

Regards,

SKYLINE(Kym).....

Adam,

I actually hav'nt looked at the reg's for sa. however i do know that a 100mm block is passed under your car at a regency pk inspection and cannot foul anthing  under your car-eg:exhaust, handbrake cables, electrical cables or suspension components etc..

Regards,

SKYLINE(Kym).....

When did I say it wasn't 100mm? I've said it is twice! It can foul under the car on a few things though

Ground clearance

73. (1) In this rule:

"ground clearance", of a vehicle, means the minimum distance to the ground from a point on the underside of the vehicle, except a point on a tyre, wheel, wheel hub, brake backing plate or flexible mudguard or mudflap of the vehicle.

(2) A motor vehicle or combination must have a ground clearance of:

(a)at least 100 millimetres at any point within 1 metre of an axle; and

(b)at least one‑thirtieth of the distance between the centres of adjacent axles at the midpoint between them; and

©at any other point—at least the distance that allows the vehicle or combination to pass over a peak in the road with a gradient on either side of 1:15, if the wheels of 1 axle of the vehicle or combination are on the slope on one side of the peak and the wheels of the next axle are on the slope on the other side.