SAU Community

Suspension Dilemas

PranK

Hi Guys,

I am having suspension dilemas.

I have been given a FANTASTIC price on a set of dampner adjustable koni struts and i have a set of 30mm lower springs to go with them, the car is booked in for friday to have them fitted.

BUT!

A complete set of JIC height adjustable coil overs with new camber tops has just become available for only a few hundred more than the Konis.

On one hand, I can make the car sit nice and low with some nice camber and it will already be nice and stiff, but will the car have a harder ride with the Koni's ? or will the coil overs always be firmer? I am leaning toward the coil overs but I wanted some other opinions.

Christian

Hi Prank,

I would go with the Koni adjustables myself. But it really depends on the relative spring rates. I am not a great fan of super stiff springs on road cars. The fantastic dry weather handling, switches to horrible slither around instant death in the wet.

Slightly lower and stiffer springs are fine. Stock cars are damped for comfort, dial in a bit more damping, and get some stiffer antiroll bars as well. Do it with the antiroll bars, not with the springs.

Heya Jckass!,

I had a similar set of JIC coilovers in my R33 for about a day. They were bone-jarring, and way too hard 4 the street.

Perfect 4 track use though.

If these JIC coilovers are height AND damper adj...buy them!!

If they are not damper adj,..then go 4 the konis

Ur call dude.....