SAU Community

RB25DET R32 GTS-t conversion advice needed

GTR-Ben and BHDave, Thanks for the great advice guys! Really helps clear things up for me when you guys take the time to type out the above. We should get some sort of 'Virtual Beer' credit setup on SAU so i could shout these lads a beer for their efforts!

Just a couple more questions

1. What is the SMJ?

2. What type of adaptor did you use for the heater hoses?

3. What is an EGR valve?

Sorry I didn't finish guys.. lol

SMJ = Super Multi Junction. Thats the big plug by the ECU on the Rb25 rather than have several small plugs like the R32.

EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation. I think he means the ACC valve?

Heater hose adaptors.. $5 ones from repco will do it. The size of the RB25 is large 19mm or so where the R32 size into the firewall is 16mm or so.

Now for the wires.. I didn't hook up A/C as there was none.

In the R32 engine bay there are 2 plugs by the passanger side headlight.

You use 3 wires from one of them only. The other plug is for an Auto.

The 3 wires on the R32 are (Black/Red, White/Purple, White/black) the 2 large ones, are for the power to relays etc, the White/Black is power to sensors etc.

Now in the same location there is a single plug that runs from the RB25DET. From this it is only the grey wire that is spliced into the Black/White on the R32 plug. This is power for the injectors.

Under the dash at the SMJ you need to run 3 good sized wires up to the 3 in the engine bay on the R32 plug.

There is a Red/Black, Red and a Black/White

R33---------------------------R32

Black/Red---------------->White/Purple

Red------------------------>Black/Red

Black/White-------------->White/Black. (has the grey injector wire also attached to it.)

This is all that is needed for the car to run.

Now you just need to attach water temp, fuel pump relay and tacho under the dash.

On the R32 under dash loom there are two plugs. The colours are similar.. you need to use the ones on the smaller or the two. 14pin. The other has 18.

R33----------------------------R32

Blue/Black ---------------->Blue/Black. Water Temp. ( you also need to use the RB25DET engine sender. (single wire)

Yellow/Blue---------------->Yellow/Red. Tacho

Black/Pink------------------>Black/Pink. Fuel pump.

Ok I think thats it... Beer credits would be good. :)

I may have missed something.. i'm sure others can fill any holes.

Ben

When i talk about the egr i mean the second valve on the plenum that is effectively an anti stall for when the car is cold (or so i have been told). Also found out today that the second plug going to the aac valve on the rb25 is supposed to be triggered by the AC on to step up the idle speed rather than having the other side of the aac compensate as in the r32.

There are a couple more wires in the under dash plug that you may want to hook up but they are not esssencial. These are the fuel pump speed control, exhaust temp light, engine check light, ac on input, and the consult CHK, TX, CLK and RX and i think, though i'm not 100% that the earth and power for the consult plug are connected in here too.

In the big plug at the front i have found that the ac relay trigger wire and power steering idle up trigger are in it as well as the neutral switch to ecu input and injector power that ben mentioned.

And then you need to run 3 wires for the constant power and switched power for the ECU and switched power for the ignition relay as ben stated.

My r32 actually has the same big plug in the front corner as the r33 loom but earlier models that i have worked on have a 4 pin with the main power and power steering idle stepper.

• 5 years later...

Hey guys, ive just done a RB25de conversion to my R32 GTST (P Plate Laws), Im Having trouble with Wiring, i have the RB25 loom and computer running, There is a 6 Wired Plug on the RB25 infront of the plenim, this plug runs intop the dash on the R33, What is it? is there any way i can by pass it? Thank guys

• 2 years later...

Sorry I didn't finish guys.. lol

SMJ = Super Multi Junction. Thats the big plug by the ECU on the Rb25 rather than have several small plugs like the R32.

EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation. I think he means the ACC valve?

Heater hose adaptors.. $5 ones from repco will do it. The size of the RB25 is large 19mm or so where the R32 size into the firewall is 16mm or so.

Now for the wires.. I didn't hook up A/C as there was none.

In the R32 engine bay there are 2 plugs by the passanger side headlight.

You use 3 wires from one of them only. The other plug is for an Auto.

The 3 wires on the R32 are (Black/Red, White/Purple, White/black) the 2 large ones, are for the power to relays etc, the White/Black is power to sensors etc.

Now in the same location there is a single plug that runs from the RB25DET. From this it is only the grey wire that is spliced into the Black/White on the R32 plug. This is power for the injectors.

Under the dash at the SMJ you need to run 3 good sized wires up to the 3 in the engine bay on the R32 plug.

There is a Red/Black, Red and a Black/White

R33---------------------------R32

Black/Red---------------->White/Purple

Red------------------------>Black/Red

Black/White-------------->White/Black. (has the grey injector wire also attached to it.)

This is all that is needed for the car to run.

Now you just need to attach water temp, fuel pump relay and tacho under the dash.

On the R32 under dash loom there are two plugs. The colours are similar.. you need to use the ones on the smaller or the two. 14pin. The other has 18.

R33----------------------------R32

Blue/Black ---------------->Blue/Black. Water Temp. ( you also need to use the RB25DET engine sender. (single wire)

Yellow/Blue---------------->Yellow/Red. Tacho

Black/Pink------------------>Black/Pink. Fuel pump.

Ok I think thats it... Beer credits would be good. :)

I may have missed something.. i'm sure others can fill any holes.

Ben

thanks a sh1t load for this info been looking for ages now trying to figure it out,with the water temp sensor on my rb25det in my r32 i still cant seem to get it to work when connecting the wires you have advised,ANY other ideas :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

g'day im looking at doing a rb25det conversion from a r33 s2 into my r32 gtst and using a rb25 wiring harness. Is there much of a differenence in the harness from s1 to s2? Can someone directly experienced with this conversion help with a detailed wiring conversion? muchly appreciated

g'day im looking at doing a rb25det conversion from a r33 s2 into my r32 gtst and using a rb25 wiring harness. Is there much of a differenence in the harness from s1 to s2? Can someone directly experienced with this conversion help with a detailed wiring conversion? muchly appreciated

hay fella iv movd on from the skyline and the s1 25t,now in middle of this s2 25t into a31 cefiro convertion (WIRING SIDE) and trying to nut out what is wat as it is diff from s1 loom.i will put up info as i find out,will be slow :( but will work,UNLESS sum1 1 can line us up with a guide to the power up wires and how what colour they are.

the power wires for the 25det are wer the cefiro rb20de power wires are (ECU POWER IGN PWER) just next to pwer steering pump and resovior,now i can see to find the aac and the power to injecters wires.so im at this hump at this moment,

PS this site is so fkun helpfull honestly im in the wopwoops in NZ and no ! knows nuffn apart from here say sh1t :worship: