SAU Community

Detailing

JiMb0

Goodie pouch ... eh eh eh :wink: I'm winking too much ... anyways :) another tyre changing related question. What sorta pressure should I have in my tyres ? Where can I find out ?

I gots Falken Azenis ST115 225/40ZR18 on the Front and Bridgestone Grid II K9801 245/40ZR18 on the Rear. Any ideas ? Just one looks kinda down, and maybe if I give em a little more like they should have I'll be able to make it outta my driveway without scraping the front lip :x

Any other ideas ? I can get in the driveway taking a massive angle from the road, no probs, but getting out no matter what i do I gotta scrape and pull it through, sounds awful and passers by keep cringing :wink:

I had nothing in there except the crappy spare, Christian :)

(which btw....is most NON FUN to drive on...luckily I only had to go less than a km to Jax)

hehe stop winking Jimbo, yall get wrinkles ...um dunno about tyre pressure, I just put in whatever the little placard says...can't remember exactly and I can't be bothered going outside to look lol. I am WAY too slack about tyre pressure, I never check it. Every time I think I'll check it I seem to be wearing a skirt and therefore not too keen on crouching down attaching pressure guages... :roll:

• 1 month later...

JiMb0 Try around 32 - 35Psi in your tyres for starters and see how it feels, I'm assuming you know more about driving it than fixing it. I wouldn't get one of those wheel braces, go to Supercheap and get the one with the extending handle. Always tighten up with it short then you can always loosen with the handle extended about $12 I think ( great for girls and old guys Shell)

I forget who was talking about it earlier, but when you remove the rocker covers, dont you have to replace the gaskets as well ??

Shell,

Here are a few things i can think of that would help

a girl out with changing tyres and checking pressure.

Buy a small trolly jack, they are so much easier and quicker

than the scissor jacks.

With tyre pressures, im not sure if they still make them or not

but when i used to work in a tre service the had these valves

called "green ring valves" you need to take you car to a tyre

service to get these fitted. All you do is pump up all your tyres

to 32-34psi or whateva pressure you normaly set them too,

then you adjust the valves untill you see the green ring, then

you can tell if any tyre starts goin flat if the green ring disapears,

then all you have to do is inflate till the green ring re-apears.

How much easier it is to be able to tell if a tyre is a little low just

by checking if there is a green ring or not.

Guest 33GTS25

forget skirts i think sisters are difficult, they are just women after all but happen to share your gene pool.

i like to keep my tyre pressure at 40psi, its rough as hell on passengers but you get better performance from your tyres which is especially important when under hard braking or high speed testing on roundabouts :twisted:

rod

Although one thing sisters are good for are .... inviting fem friends to crash after a night out ...... you think they pick the floor over my king size bed .... Bwwhahahahaha *choke* I love a rougher ride any day, might take my sky out on the weekend just to check pressures ....

Im not sure if they still make them, but goin back a few yrs ago when i worked at a tyre service they were about $10 a valve.

I still have a brand new set of 5 in a box somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I mini detail my car every time I wash it. Even open doors, boot , bonnet and petrol cap and clean the sills, inside etc. Takes an extra 5 min work but keeps car spotless.

BTW, I pulled out spare wheel and Jack ( replaced with tyre in a can) Fish oiled the boot and cleaned the inside of the rear quarter panels.

I found heaps of lego pieces in there ( always wondering why there was a rattling sound back there:rolleyes: )