SAU Community

Pics of my new ride

karag

a dent will not affect RWC. It does not make the car less road worthy.

yes, but rust is a RWC item...

also, the rear guards are pumped, though they are not GTR guards- GTR guards bulge out from directly behind the doors... you might find yours are blended fibreglass? Tap them and see if they are metallic or a dull sound like glass :)

nice ride though :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey nice car!

love the snow tyres...

mine came of the boat with mud/snows also! is there a reason why they all come with m/s tyres?

within like a month, wore em down to the belts... i got them sitting in the garage totally shredded with the metal poking out everywhere...

i rkn the grille looks real good...

and give me ur drivers seat... hehehe

Reason you need to fix up rust is becuase this car needs to be cleared by Vicroads etc and they will look for it, rust buckets on road have rego (even though they should be canned) and are not being checked.

You will need new tyres, thats part of compliance, where is it being complied?

Congrats on the purchase and hope you enjoy it!

once a car has passed a rwc and has been registered you just pay the rego each year and there are no other inspections so those rust buckets you see were once in good condition. the only way a rust bucket will be removed is if the cops pull them over and give them a canary.

cops have better things to do than this (pulling over skyline owners cos there cars are much more dangerous.....phtttt! ) is normally the order of the day.

I know it's a different thing. I was wondering if anyone else who did it through them knows if they can also offer a RWC..

I don't think they do so I'll just have to look elsewhere. How much are roadworthys anyway?

Just had to spend some cash replacing the exhaust.

rwc should only cost about $66 to get the car checked, the only problem and i had this with mine is it is probably not roawdorthy atm and depending on whant needs to be fixed you could be paying anything (i had to pay 1100 to get some body work done and my front brakes fixed).

that being said its impossible to give a number it all depends on how good/bad condition your car is.

just looking over the pics id say rust, tyres and the guague that is mounted on the dash but the only realy way to know is get someone to inspect ya car first. you usually have 7 days to fix the car and if you get in before then you dont have to pay the inspection fee again. so its probably a good idea to get it checked just bedore you have a spare week to organise everything you need.

karag, does it actually work out cheaper to buy auto in jp, and do manual conversion here? and in the process of the auto/man conversion is the gearbox the only thing that needs to be changed? and if you don't mind me asking how much does a conversion usually set you back (not including labour)

cheers

I hear it's also good to get a manual ECU also.. while the auto one will work the auto one actually retards the rpms during gear change to make it smoother. Apparently when using an auto ecu you can still feel where it retards the rpm then puts it back..

If you want to do it properly picking up a frontcut for 2k and selling the parts you don't need is a pretty good option