SAU Community

Switching The Front Wheels Off, On A R32 GTS-T 4WD

I have a 89 R32 GTS-T 4WD and i was woundering if anybody had the circuit diagram to do this modification, i want to have a switch to turn the front wheels off electronically as i please, (Drift :D) i have heard of it beening done before but it is so god damn hard to find a good manual on the electrical system (circuit diagrams) on the R32's, also in addition to that can any on recomend me to some one that can get or has got some good workshop manuals for Mechanical & Electrical Systems of an R32.

Thanks lots

-pete

Guest two.06l
I have a 89 R32 GTS-T 4WD and i was woundering if anybody had the circuit diagram to do this modification, i want to have a switch to turn the front wheels off electronically as i please, (Drift :D) i have heard of it beening done before but it is so god damn hard to find a good manual on the electrical system (circuit diagrams) on the R32's, also in addition to that can any on recomend me to some one that can get or has got some good workshop manuals for Mechanical & Electrical Systems of an R32.

Thanks lots

-pete

Cut the power wire going to the ATESSA fuse. And instal a toggle switch in series with this circuit. Its located in the panel under the dash. You can also do it with the fuse in the panel located in the engine bay, but this will require you to switch the car off when you change modes. Paul...DIRTgarage.

Thanx Stacey that's what i thought when i saw the fuse on the fuse lid but you can never be to sure, lol ask twice, cut once i say.

I Just went and pulled out the 4WD 10Amp Fuse, and my HICAS and 4WD light came on, which should be correct, yes?

Is that the fuse you mean because i wasn't to sure about the ATESSA Fuse that you were talking about.. is it the same fuse as the 4WD fuse?

yea, i want to find out the good way of wiring it... Dr_drift has a mate with a GTS-T 4 that is coming to his workshop this weekend and he said that when the guy got it from japan it came with the switch.... so he is going to look into it for me :D

Hey Meep,

Pull the fuse block out and cut the thin cable going to the 4wd fuse. There is a Fat and thin one going into one side. Make sure you leave enough room to join your new cables.

This way you will only be disabling the 4wd with the switch.

I can take some photos tomorrow and pst them for you.

Hey Meep,

Pull the fuse block out and cut the thin cable going to the 4wd fuse. There is a Fat and thin one going into one side. Make sure you leave enough room to join your new cables.

Well buddy there only seems to be one wire to the 4WD fuse some ummm... yea :spank:

i made a picture so you can see what i mean.

4WDswitch.jpg

View here: Wiring 4WD Fuse

Quote:

Originally Posted by gts4

Hey Meep,

Well buddy there only seems to be one wire to the 4WD fuse so ummm... yea :spank:

i made a picture so you can see what i mean.

View Here: Switch For 4WD

4WDswitch.jpg

Hi Meep,

One question Does your car have ABS?

In the engine bay at the back right corner there should be a cylinder with alot of pipes going into it. If the this corner is empty you don't have ABS.

Not all gts4's have ABS.

yes i do indeed, now are you confused.....

cuz there seems to be alot of ppl looking at this thred but no one seems to know :P

Just a thought:

If you cant get that to turn off the 4wd without affecting the abs then find the resivior in the RHS of the boot behind a panel and there is a sensor on it to disable the 4wd system if the fluid is to low, hook up a switch to it and it will disable the 4wd without affecting the ABS, the only down side is the wires will have to run from the boot under the rear seat and under the carpet into the cabin. I havent done this yet, but in the mornings my car goes into 2wd mode because the resivior is a bit low atm.

Edit: the engine might need to be turned off and on to change between modes though.