SAU Community

Disc Rotors

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kabab

Yes but oh my god do they pull up !!

So whats a good brake pad / disc for a street car thats see light track work ??

What sort of pricing ?

Slotted rotors with Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Just side tracking a little here Steve, I've got a question.

What brakes better, a 300mm disc with x surface area brake pad, or a disc with 333mm disc and same x surface area pad?

Also for better performance, would you make a bigger pad, or is bigger disc more effective?

Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

Just side tracking a little here Steve, I've got a question.

What brakes better, a 300mm disc with x surface area brake pad, or a disc with 333mm disc and same x surface area pad?  

Also for better performance, would you make a bigger pad, or is bigger disc more effective?

A larger diameter disc = greater brake torque

Larger disc mass = better heat capacity

Larger surface area pad = longer pad life

It depends on what improvements you are looking for.

G'day all,

I had a similar problem with my 32 GTR. 4 hard laps

@ Wakefeild and my peddle went like a limp chicken!

:lol:

I'm was running Green Stuff up front and standards in

the rear (later I found that they were down to the steel)

I'm going up to wakefield again on Friday. so.....

I believe the brake fluid is what let me down?

I have put Kevlar's in the back and cleaned up my fronts!

Should I flush the brake system and go to DOT 5.1? or stick

with the DOT 4?

Steve, are these new rotors available to us humble aussies?

R,

Adrian

Originally posted by GTRKING

G'day all,

I had a similar problem with my 32 GTR. 4 hard laps

@ Wakefeild and my peddle went like a limp chicken!

:lol:  

I'm was running Green Stuff up front and standards in

the rear (later I found that they were down to the steel)

I'm going up to wakefield again on Friday. so.....

I believe the brake fluid is what let me down?

I have put Kevlar's in the back and cleaned up my fronts!

Should I flush the brake system and go to DOT 5.1? or stick

with the DOT 4?

Steve, are these new rotors available to us humble aussies?

R,

Adrian

Yes they are!

There will be a two piece version available soon too. Prototypes are sitting on my desk.

I would look into better pads too. Ferodo DS 2500 or DS 3000.

Steve,,,I have your sloted and drilled discs on the front of my R33 GTS-T using Greens. The cars brakes are WAY better than standard. I'm as happy as a pig in shit!!!!.My problem is,,, I have been waiting for a set of sloted rears for ages now and I MEAN ages. Am I being stuffed around or are they actually available.

I'm not interested in trackwork by the way.

Neil.

Originally posted by ndr

Steve,,,I have your sloted and drilled discs on the front of my R33 GTS-T using Greens. The cars brakes are WAY better than standard. I'm as happy as a pig in shit!!!!.My problem is,,, I have been waiting for a set of sloted rears for ages now and I MEAN ages. Am I being stuffed around or are they actually available.

I'm not interested in trackwork by the way.

Neil.

The DBA 908 rear is available but we apparently dont keep enough stock. They are due to be cast again this week and hopfully be in stock at the end of the month.

Originally posted by skyzerr33

so whats the part number for the slotted rotors front and back for a 94 gtst?

294 and 330mm?  

will these suit for street driving and the odd motokhana when coupled with greenstuff or race gear pads?

We are still working on this one. We have found 3 different front rotors so far for this model.

1. 296mm x 32mm = DBA 926

2. 296mm x 30mm = ?

3. 310mm x 30mm = ?

We have samples but we have not alocated numbers to the last 2 yet. We need to confirm model specs for each part.

The rear is the DBA 908.

Originally posted by Pva_Glue

Come on steve! You got my old pair of rotors!

so what's the part number for it heheh :P

cheers

Joe

70 new part numbers this year my friend and another 50 being assessed. This takes time even at 15 hours a day. If you would like to order 100 to 1000 rotors I can move it forward otherwise its a Christmas job for me.

We missed our window of oportunity earlier this year, so this is the next one..:)

I'm very interested in new Skyline rotor developments. Kangaroo paw style rotors are what I'd mostly be interested in, but I can't decide if I'd want slotted or not (depends on the pads I upgrade to I guess).

Steve, is the DBA website updated often? The last time I went there a few weeks ago, I couldn't find anything other than standard rotors for Skylines. Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough, is there a direct link to new models of Skyline rotors?

I too are looking for a rotor upgrade in around 3mths time. Im sure what i currently have (standard rotors just recently machined) are fine for my driving (10km stints of start/stop) but in that 1 case that i do need to brake heavily i want to know that my gear can handle it.

No idea about any of this stuff, when i recently got new bendix pads on the back i was looking at those yellow dba slotted and cross-drilled fitted for about $1,400 or something ridiculous.

Anyway thats my story.

Originally posted by JimX

I'm very interested in new Skyline rotor developments. Kangaroo paw style rotors are what I'd mostly be interested in, but I can't decide if I'd want slotted or not (depends on the pads I upgrade to I guess).

Steve, is the DBA website updated often? The last time I went there a few weeks ago, I couldn't find anything other than standard rotors for Skylines. Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough, is there a direct link to new models of Skyline rotors?

I get in trouble for this all the time.:P

Because I use these forums to get information on upcoming projects you guys know about new products before marketing. We are still working on the GTS series so additions will be made over the next few months. We did the GTR first because of overseas demand. I know a link has been set up for a Skyline specific page on the website but I don't believe the information has been compiled yet. If you go to the WRX page you'll see the format we will use.

whether or not to go with slotted rotors depends on the type of driving you do.