SAU Community

R34 v maranello

KIL.08S

Speed or wheels or some such magaziene has approached Autostyle in sydney about using there white R34 with the carbon fibre bonnet to put up against a 550 maranello. the R34 is making 400+awkW from memory.

Just wondering what people thought of this??

Is it a fair comparrison or is the 34 to modified to be classed against a "standard" car?

The R34 can be viewed at www.autostyle.com.au

A 400 awkw GTR is going to be a laggy ho.

Not at all.

And the Maranello is going to be slaughtered by that GTR if it goes down. A friend of mine had a 550 he would bring to the illegals here in Texas. INSANELY fast from 40-180mph, but only good for mid 12s on a drag strip. Handling was a different matter, it was a great car to drive. :D

its not a fair comparison.

fair would be stock for stock..

and even then i dont think its fair, they should compare say the new 4 seater ferrari to the gtr, that would be fair, they are both 4 seater hardcore GTs(sort of)...

there isnt much to compare really, both have pros n cons

like stock gtr v's stock 550 - well gtr has power limit where 550 doesnt

gtr is a fraction of the price of a 550 and both are built differently

bang for buck would be a good comparison but then u could even put a modded s13 up against it.

id say it would be more of a review on the 2 different performance spectacles...

be an interesting read nevertheless

As soon as a car is modded and the other remains stock, there is no fair comparison. Both cars should come off the showroom floor, run in to 5000 kms and then spanked around by professional drivers.

Gimme the Ferrari anyday. Would much rather have a Ferrari than my GTR.

As soon as a car is modded and the other remains stock, there is no fair comparison.  Both cars should come off the showroom floor, run in to 5000 kms and then spanked around by professional drivers.

Gimme the Ferrari anyday.  Would much rather have a Ferrari than my GTR.

hahaha dave i remember you saying at the sandown track day when the 355 was going down the straight that 'ferraris just sound good but are slow' :)

hahaha dave i remember you saying at the sandown track day when the 355 was going down the straight that 'ferraris just sound good but are slow' :(

And I stick to that comment D.

I would love a Ferrari!! The sound of any Ferrari at full song beats any stock Skyline and considering how slow they are, you can attract more attention without actually breaking any EPA regulations and pick up more hotties :)

Do you know what the '550' stands for?

$550,000 ha ha..

Different class of car... the person who buys a 550 probably has a 34 already.

You gotta ask yourself why a '00 r34 is $80,000 and a 1978 308GTB is $120,000 or why a '97 355GTB is $200,000.

T.

Simple answer. Coz the Rarri is better off the factory floor!!! Nothing beats R&D. No mods = no problems which can't be fixed under warranty :(

LOL. There is no such thing as an italian car better than a jap car of the show room floor,

performance & look wise yes, but it all down hill from there, unless u live with an italian exoticar (or german for that matter)before you have absolute no idea what you're getting youself into.

When was the last time your dash curled up when u park your skyline in the sun?

can't say the same thing about some of the italians.