SAU Community

Have your say...

shaolin

Ok guys.

I have been asked if I could get opinions from people (P-platers mostly) on the new laws that are being talked about and what you think.

I have about a fortnight (I have been told) and am wanting to get some guys/girls on video talking about your thoughts on all the new P-plate laws that may be comming in.

If you would like to remain anonymous that is fine as the video will be edited and Number plates and faces can be masked...

This is being done for channel Ten to be shown in a half hour special.....

Anyone can come along and have their say but we are looking for some good opinions on this and what you think should happen, not just "the Government is Ghey" :)

I am thinking it would be a good idea to have a meet some where to do this but will have a think about it and post more details soon.

Please reply if you may be interested and share any thoughts that you may have and what you would like to see...

Thanks.

What can you say, driver training is insufficient and restricting P platers from driving high powered cars isn't going to increase their ability. Standard family cars like falcons and commodores can still do high speeds they just don't get there as quickly and don't stop as quickly. Defensive driver training should be compulsory and should be subsidised in some way.

:end rant:

apparently they are planning on banning young drivers from falcons and commies as well!! so its not just the imports!

anyone see this article with the pic of the crashed lancer?

http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/sto...7-28778,00.html

not sure how the government can focus on high performance imports, when its obvious that speed is the problem... drivers need to be educated!! and from a young age... maybe driver ed like in the US? not sure what the young driver fatality stats are like there, but kids definitely need more education... harder tests to actually pass Ps might be another avenue? pass a defensive driver training course... learn how to brake, skid etc before you're allowed onto the roads.

And does anyone else think that rule about banning under 26 year olds from driving hpi cars is silly? it sounds to me like most young driver fatalities will happen around 26! : they're just delaying the problem - not fixing it!