SAU Community

Exhaust System Plsss Help!!!!

i am having severe backfire since i installed a custom 3" Exhaust on my r33

Series 2, it has also a Apexi filter and a Blitz Blow Off Valve. The 33 also stalls sometimes and i was told this is because of the Aftermarket BOV, and the majority of 33 do stall on ocassions!! Is this true!!!

Plzz someone help me resove the problem with the backfiring!!!! Wat can it be... ITs running stock boost and no other engine mods......

Cheers...

skylines run a bit rich when stock already. Putting an exhaust and pod in makes it even more rich. Thus more backfiring.

The backfiring is caused by your bov as well. Your engine sees a certain amount of air coming in through the air flow metre. So it goes, we need to put this much fuel in. But when you release the accelerator, the bov lets the air go. So now there is this extra unburnt fuel, which goes into the hot exhaust pipe, gets ignited, then pop.

hope that was helpful. THere is nothing you can do about it, except for getting an aftermarket ecu like a powerfc.

Do you think i should decrease the amount of pressure released from the BOV because at the moment it is running the highest it can sound.... So allowing less air to be released by the BOV will allow for less Backfiring!!!!

Does this kind of Backfiring hurt my car?????