SAU Community

GTR Power FC "experts" wanted!!

Hi,

I have a GTR power FC which will not save it's values. You can change the value eg idle RPM & the Idle revs don't seem to change. Also after you turn off the ignition (& back on) the value you set it to is back to the previous setting.

My car is an R33 GTS4 with RB26DETT, it's running fine from a standard R33 GTR ECU.

Things I have tried:

Checked all power & earth connection to the ECU as per nissan wiring diagram - OK

Tried another PFC with my hand controller in my car - has the same problem

Yet to try:

My PFC in another car

Another Hand Controler with My PFC

My deduction so far is that it is either the car's wiring or the Hand Control...

Can any body help, or know of a good workshop who could help to sort this out.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a GTR power FC which will not save it's values. You can change the value eg idle RPM & the Idle revs don't seem to change. Also after you turn off the ignition (& back on) the value you set it to is back to the previous setting.

My car is an R33 GTS4 with RB26DETT, it's running fine from a standard R33 GTR ECU.

Things I have tried:

Checked all power & earth connection to the ECU - OK

Yet to try:

My PFC in another car

My deduction so far is that it is either the car's wiring or the Hand Control...

Thanks in advance.

Probabley locked by Excel tuner... find a Datalogit owner and they can unlock it for you... It won't cost over $1000.

Oh, you say two different PFC's do the same thing? Well thats a different story.

Will it accept a change to the ignition or fuel map?

TT

Thanks Tom, I think it was you who suggest before it may be locked.

I took it to croydon & had Jim check it out, he said when it's locked that you cannot even access the fuel map menu etc.

Mine is all there, it just won't save. :(

Hi,

Things I have tried:

Checked all power & earth connection to the ECU - OK

Yet to try:

My PFC in another car

Thanks in advance.

You have to save the changes, have a look at the Commander Manual it shows you the steps.:)

I'm pretty sure I'm saving the settings as per the manual, Jim from Croydon Autosports also confirmed that the values are not being saved. He blamed the wiring.

Tomorrow I will try swapping HC & PFC into a known working GTR & see what I can work out.

S/N of PFC PFC-RB26-9605-0349

S/N of HC FCC-NT9605-0366

I'm guessing that the "9605" means that they should be matched.

You'll find it is the wiring in the vehicle to the ECU that is the problem....

A couple of the pinouts require permanent power and then there is a shutdown sequence where the ign switch power is shut off to certain pinout and then the ECU then saves settings and turns itself off. Any change in this power down sequence,(different wiring, alarms, immobilisers)wil cause the symptoms you describe.

Similiar to pulling the plug on a windows based PC rather than shutting it down correctly....

cheers.

RPMGTR, looks like you are correct.

I tried my PFC&Commander in a real GTR today, Thanks to NVDAGTR :P , & it worked fine :(

I noted all of the pins on the ECU which had power, now I can test this in my car & hopefully find the variance....

It's strange how the factory ECU works without whatever is different!

RPMGTR, looks like you are correct.

LOL... How many times have I heard that before...?

The difference with the stock ECU is that, it doesn't have to save any changes, as it's not programmable.

AFAIK, there is no save function with the commander, it applies the changes as soon as you change any parameter. The changes are saved when the ignition is turned off, which explains your problem.

Is the GTS4 wiring same as the GTR wiring...?

Is the GTS4 wiring same as the GTR wiring...?

Would I be having this problem if it was???

I was just hoping that if people had heard of this problem or experienced it so many times they could say something like "yes, pin XX needs contant power for the data to be saved".

Hopefully I can sort it on the weekend & post the results here for future reference.

The Weekend has been a success :wassup:

Pin 16 & the ECCS relay power supply turned out to be the culprits

You don't know how long I have been trying to solve this.... very frustrating :)

Attached are my finding for all those who have this problem in the future.

Thanks again to NVDAGTR for letting my try my PFC in his car :)

just had a response from the Datalogit forum from an SR20 punter who had experienced the same problem!!!

Do you have a wiing diagram - or the rest of the one above. I have'nt seen one so clear before.

TT