SAU Community

Hope for younger Drivers and insurance

Kaido_RR

hey,

A few days ago i got my letter from JUST-CAR, saying it was that time on the year to pay for another year of insurance :) now i am currently 17 own an r33 gts-t am 1st driver with my oldman as teh second driver, car has bodykit, exhuast, music system and rims coverd.

Now my 3rd party + fired and theif a year ago was $700 now it has drop to $534

which is a pretty good amount so i rang up to get some info on full cover.

I was amazed that it had drop from around $4100 to $2355, which is a pretty large amount in my books (i now have a rating 5)

So all you young drivers out there just wait a year or two and im sure full cover will come into line and not cost u ur left arm

Michael :)

WHAT!!! I'm paying 4100 with another major insurance company, im 19 with a '33 GTST SII. Whats this "rating 5"? How long have you been insured 4? Im going to make some phone calls if this price drop includes someone like myself!

Sounds good.

I have a feeling that prices will drop further in Sydney (or "should") over the next 12-18mths as the Gov brings in the new P-Plate rules (no v8, supercharged or turbocharged cars for the P1-Platers).

Stevie, i have been with Just car for just over a year now (about a 1year and a few days :))

and like i said im only 17 :) im not sure what a rating 5 is, maybe it got something to do with my no claim bonus (the guy just memtion it to me over the phone)

I live in perth, so maybe its different for another state :S

WHAT!!! I'm paying 4100 with another major insurance company, im 19 with a '33 GTST SII. Whats this "rating 5"? How long have you been insured 4? Im going to make some phone calls if this price drop includes someone like myself!

do you realise that you will have paid off your car in insurance in 4 years?

i seriously couldn't bring myself to pay that much, i'd rather be careful about where i park it and not drive like a tool.

what insurance company is it?

I have a feeling that prices will drop further in Sydney (or "should") over the next 12-18mths as the Gov brings in the new P-Plate rules (no v8, supercharged or turbocharged cars for the P1-Platers).

They won't.. in Victoria they still insured you even though you were not elligible to drive the vehicle.. even paid out claims. They just want the money.

Premiums are so high in sydney because of theft mainly..

do you realise that you will have paid off your car in insurance in 4 years?

i seriously couldn't bring myself to pay that much, i'd rather be careful about where i park it and not drive like a tool.  

what insurance company is it?

I would hate to see myself paying that much money in insurance too...

Thats why I egt it through the company I work for and only pay $550 a year :wassup: ... Any Car I own (which soon will probably be Twin Turbo) So am very pleased.. ;)

I would hate to see myself paying that much money in insurance too...

Thats why I egt it through the company I work for and only pay $550 a year :wassup: ...  Any Car I own (which soon will probably be Twin Turbo) So am very pleased..  :P

wow, nice one, my company doesn't do shit for me, apart from respraying my car but thats different