SAU Community

HELP Hicas/battery drain problem

Hi all,

Need help and advice.

I changed my 2 front tyres on my '91 R32 GTR yesterday, from 265/40/17 to 245/40/17.

After doing so I noticed that the HICAS light started flashing now and then, didn't think anything of it til on the way home after work it stayed on, also (this may be totally unrelated) I noticed that my battery was sitting at 11.8 volts and dropped to below 8v by the time I limped into my driveway.

As soon as I start the car(after charging the battery) I can hear and feel the hicas doing something, but the volt meter and power FC both indicate that the alternator isn't charging the battery(I've never seen an alternator just die).

Q1. I did notice the battery problem before changing the tyres, could the Hicas problem expedite the draining of the battery?

Q2. Has anybody played with their hicas and if so what can I check(I haven't put into diag mode yet).

How can a car bring so much pleasure, but at the same time cause so much grief!!! Much like a woman I suppose :-)

PS I have reset the ecu since all this happened and the hicas seems to have settled but I'll check it properly today after work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

(a not very happy)Brad