SAU Community

Police to hide Multanova locations

JH32

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially multi novas in WA are meant to be out in the open and well in view of motorists to add as a deterrant, and a sign should be clearly visible whena pproaching a camera before it goes off , I dont think in my life I have ever seen this, as for them removing the multa nova location's , i have never really taken much notice of the multinaova locations becuase I have always thought they will just move them around througouth the day anyway. Those licence plate things sound awesome, even better would be an electric operated front licence plate holder. that you could activiate within the cabin, that way if mr plod sees your front plate flapping around in the wind you could just switch it back and it would hold in place and you could accuse the cop of smoking some very bad weed

IS it illegal tomove your plate ? i have seen on numerous modified cars especially with intercoolers coult the plate not be moved to the right of the car or bent to face away from the camera? or is this illegal , PHUCK michelle R I think the only safe bet this state election is democrats becuase they rarely get around to doing anything worthwile

when i get back on thursday night i will get some metal on friday and start making some up

dude hook me up with one of those very interested how much do you reckon they cost?

yeah i'd go on a non stop smeer campaign if michelle gets down for a traffic thing.

no offence to anyone but you seem to forget something, if you dont speed you dont get caught, that said i admit to losing my license 2 times thru loss of demerit points, and now am a lot more careful when commuting. just be happy that our fines are a lot less than in other states. In vic they hide cameras in the back of cars and park them in the emergency lanes on the highways and freeways (so ive heard).

dont speed and you wont get caught!, or if you do speed, do it after 11pm and before 6am when they take the multis off the sides of the roads

my car has the plate on the right hand side, havnt been yellowed yet, and it works-

however

you can get a clear el type film that when you hit with a current goes black :kick: , you could hook it up to the buzzer in your radar detector for auto protection,or just have a switch anyone interested pm me ill give you some more details

i have my front plate on the far side of my car, i had had yellow stickers, been to the pits to get the sticker removed and no one along the way said anything about the plates at all.

(sticker wasnt for plate)

so i think if you stand like 5 or 10m directly in front of the car they have to be able to see the whole plate.

in saying that i passed a multinova on the road yesterday which was on the right hand side of the road :D

this is complete bull and yes it is revenue raising i dont care wat anyone else says

when people know the locations they drive slower around those areas which is wat we are supposed to encourage but if no one knows the locations of course they are gonna make more money off speeders its a complete load of crock they arent thinking about safety they are thinkin money

i have my front plate on the far side of my car

in saying that i passed a multinova on the road yesterday which was on the right hand side of the road :P

Same with me.

And yea, Thomas St/Winthrop Drv they like to put them in the median strip! Thus making them on your right...

Just wait untill they go for rear facing.. ;)

As for retractable plates... long screws will do it, or those little picture frame hooks... for somthing more elaborate go get the eyelid motor off a VL Calais and wire that up :D

Brent.

*EDIT* Posted by exhale 32 (not me)

you know i wouldnt have such a problem with this if they actually spent the money back on our roads

they raise sum stupid amount in taxs and stuff from people useing the roads, they get taxs in fuel, registration for cars, tyres you name it they get it and its meant to be put back into the road. but it doesnt happen and now this aswell.

what a crock she can expect an email from me

they spent 15% of all the taxs raised from motoring into roads again, its jack shit

the freeway speeds here are just fckin slow, they shuld be more like UK 160KM

its the most open road in the state dunno how anyone could possibly have trouble sitting on that speed down there

merry christmas to u Michelle Roberts eat my ass!

merry christmas to u Michelle Roberts eat my ass!

ROFL she can eat mine to while shes at it.

That new train line down the fwy is bs and I do 100kph all the way down but not around the workers(sif they even work)but after they piss off!!

i should refit the swinging hinge for my numberplate. at speed the wind pushed it up so plate didnt show. worked a treat

did the same on my cousins car, his plate was attached to a metal bar on his front bar by cable ties

the cable ties would let the plate swing back at about 60kmph+

oh no u can't for like 3 weeks

u poor babies, try thinking of the other drivers out there that aren't as good a drivers as you lot, that don't own a car thats as mechanically sound as yours. u think there all going to be able to stop when u go speeding past them or cut them off, so you can get a clear lane.

yes its revenue raising, but my god your all a bunch of whingers. you want to know why young drivers, car enthusiats get the bad reputation??? look at this thread all negative responces, all complaining you can't speed at will.

grow up, when u witness, loose someone or die from a crash caused by speeding maybe you'll understand. true the multinova's haven't worked in slowing down drivers or reducing the death toll, i want argue that as i to don't think they have worked.

yeh my point is this doesnt promote safe driving!

fine speed and youll get caught, pay the consequences

but having locations known is gonna make alot more people drive slower around those areas, isnt that wat we want? isnt that wats gonna save lives? thats the whole reason they started giving the locations in the first place!

so unlike every other driver who has seen the locations on TV or the radio u drive slow for the entire street/road/subburd and not speed up again after you've gone past the camera. its been proven people do this with the advertised locations.

to me it would work better if they weren't advertised at all.

any slowing is better than no slowing at all as far as im concerned

if i know a speed camera is gonna be on a certain street i make sure i watch my speed alot closer and yeh maybe once ive passed it im not as cautious

dont you think thats better than nothing at all?

oh no u can't for like 3 weeks

u poor babies, try thinking of the other drivers out there that aren't as good a drivers as you lot, that don't own a car thats as mechanically sound as yours. u think there all going to be able to stop when u go speeding past them or cut them off, so you can get a clear lane.

yes its revenue raising, but my god your all a bunch of whingers. you want to know why young drivers, car enthusiats get the bad reputation??? look at this thread all negative responces, all complaining you can't speed at will.  

grow up, when u witness, loose someone or die from a crash caused by speeding maybe you'll understand. true the multinova's haven't worked in slowing down drivers or reducing the death toll, i want argue that as i to don't think they have worked.

lol you must be old

"It strikes me as another revenue-raising exercise and it will only aggravate drivers out there and I don't think it's a smart move - it's actually a retrograde move,"

Yes I think they've gone a bit far this time..I mean seriously, saving lives or revenue? Come on :cheers:

FSCK Michelle Roberts.