SAU Community

The R35....

D-G

Ok im not saying that this car doesnt look nice....it just looks so much more different then what i expected.... even though i've only seen the proto-type. im sure its power makes up for the looks, i mean how many street cars that have a V8 with TT in them do you see everyday...

i thought it would of been best if they kept the tradition going, why would they change the R?

how depressing....

oh well i dunno how to change the topic name so ill leave it as it is.... anything else i should know about the "V35"??

The V35 looks nothing like the “R” series of Skyline; instead it looks like a recipe for a 350z gone wrong. The V35 did not carry on the RB26DETT either, instead now powered by a V6 VQ35DE producing 298Hp @ 6,400rpm/260lb-ft torque @ 4,800rpm on the manual model and 280Hp @ 6,200rpm/270lb-ft torque @ 4,800rpm on the automatic all delivered onto a Rear Wheel Drive system. The V35 has also replaced the Circle-Shaped Rear Lights with an ‘L’ looking shape. Available as a Coupe or Sedan. This is were it gets hectic, there are a lot of V35 models; 250GTe, 250GT, 250GT P 250GT S, 250GT FOUR, 250GT FOUR P, 250GT FOUR S and 250GTm all came with a VQ25DD Engine. The 300GT, 300GT P and 300GT S all came with a VQ30DD. And lastly the 350GT-8 came with the VQ35DE.

There is also a V36, set for 2006 I think, cant remember. Anyways just read through The Next Skyline Section and you will get everything you need to know on the V35 and Next GTR

i thought it would of been best if they kept the tradition going, why would they change the R?

how depressing....

What tradition? This is what I don't get... Nissan release only 5 (!!11) platforms bearing the 'R' designation, yet people seem to think that GT-R = RB26 or R is synonimous with Skylines whatever...

I ask: What about the C10 and C110 GT-R's????

Are they not GT-Rs in the true sense, being that they were released BEFORE the R32/33/34?

If you wanna talk about GT-R tradition, tradition starts with a capitial C.

If you wanna talk about Skyline tradition, tradition starts with a capital A,B,S,C and R...

Cheers :rofl:

the R symbolises invincibility and i think that all skylines in the current series should have one. otherwise doesnt it kind of seem like the "V35" is being left out of the crowd?

kinda like me around here =P

the R symbolises invincibility and i think that all skylines in the current series should have one. otherwise doesnt it kind of seem like the "V35" is being left out of the crowd?

kinda like me around here =P

but its not the same series at all. different engine different chassis(???spelling???) and different body. there is hardly anything that is the same except the name.