SAU Community

EPA TEST.... help me out please

HeathGTST

Hey guys...

I got done by the cops last night at Heathcote whilst i was on my way up to echuca.... They are going to report me to the EPA for noise polution which means ill need to take it to a EPA office for a check...

Im not 100% sure if the cop will infact report me cause he wasnt convinced it was too loud or not..

If I get reported I really really need to borrow a standard exhaust system from the cat back... I dont have a cat and i dont want to get busted...

Please guys help me out

cheers fellas, its much appreciated.... Its great to see that we all have people to lean on when we run into a bit of trouble. It looks like I can borrow an exhaust off one of a few nice people from here (many thanks). I have a HKS foam mushroom filter... I might even need a standard airbox aswell eh?

cheers fellas, its much appreciated.... Its great to see that we all have people to lean on when we run into a bit of trouble. It looks like I can borrow an exhaust off one of a few nice people from here (many thanks). I have a HKS foam mushroom filter... I might even need a standard airbox aswell eh?

I dont think you will need a standard airbox. You will need one however, if you have an aftermarket intercooler aswell, as you are only allowed to have ONE induction modification to your car (or so ive read).

Good Luck.

Steve.

if its just noise then u just go to a noise tester. sometimes u need to go to the epa testing site which is in macloed. They will test for carbon monoxide emissions and sound and they will pop the bonnet to check for BOV's and the like. Ur HKS mushroom filter is illegal FULLSTOP. as to work it is oiled, the oil contains hydrocarbons which makes them illegal. The only type of pod filter that is legal is paper/cotton type that is dry, not oiled. Like apexi, this means that K&N is illegal as well (also oiled). I have a standard airbox with filament if u need it. My epa took about 6 months to arrive and i had to go to macload. Even after taking 6 months to arrive it gives u about a month of notice, So plenty of time. Just wait for it to come. Don't forget that u will definetely need a cat.

as stated u only need to worry about other shit if they call u in... this will just be a noise test which has to be done at a registered tester so dont stress about other things as yet.