SAU Community

My Line got defected today...scared as! What will happen?

good stuff, will have to remember the pedders thing.

tru-fit are a good exhaust place - i've used them before and my dad knows the guy there, glad to hear they sorted you out, i'll have to do the same thing shortly, at least i know it won't cost me an arm and a leg

hmm, knox shopping centre. you didn't happen to be pulled over by a silver xr6 by any chance?? Officer Petitte?

good stuff, will have to remember the pedders thing.

tru-fit are a good exhaust place - i've used them before and my dad knows the guy there, glad to hear they sorted you out, i'll have to do the same thing shortly, at least i know it won't cost me an arm and a leg

hmm, knox shopping centre.  you didn't happen to be pulled over by a silver xr6 by any chance??  Officer Petitte?

my God!! actually, it was him!!!

the sheer number of people that are defected by this guy is amazing... he apparently trolls through some car forums as well

best to stay away from him and his 'area', hes a real nazi from what it seems.. i would say its probably become a personal agenda for him

Since there was nothing wrong with your suspension I would immediately make a complaint to the Police ethics department. He is screwing people around with no appropriate technical competency to do so. Was there a fine associated with the suspension defect? If so request reimbursement. This flog is just on an agenda and it's probably time a major effort to have him rebuked was undertaken.

His incompetency runs 2 ways. If the suspension was a concern he is not qualified to determine that it's not safe and suitable for road use unless he is a trade expert or engineer. If the suspension was suspected to be defective (or dangerous one must then argue) then a minor defect must not be issued. He is another disgrace to uniformed professionals everywhere and is clearly corrupt in his behaviour. Seems they congregate here in Vic. Time for a corruption enquiry!!! Bend ova Vic Coppas, it's your turn.

He would only get told from higher up to target imports. Those media reports would have a fair bit of persuasion I would say to what cars they would nail. With a couple of paper articles you can turn the country against skylines...... Especially in country areas where you have heaps of old people that dont question the media - because its always right.

Cheers

Sumo

if it happens to me again, for no good reason, I will be making a formal complaint

....I mean....this should be considered harrassment after so many times. I'm a "high performance driver"...no fines nor am I accident causing.

Crickies, I'm 37!!! (and look it!!) and don't even have any schtickers on my car.

(but am considering smothering my rear window with 'drive-right' and '0.0' schtickers), oh..and a few police ribbons hanging off the aerial. Maybe they won't pick on me so much then??

If the part was not produced for the car from the factory, it is considered a modification and must be engineered. For example, replacing a broken fuel pump with a similar Nissan pump is not considered a modification if it was built for that car, whereas putting a Bosch pump in instead is classed as a modification. Hence buying a part from a spares place is okay.

Even factory options can be defected if your car was not built with it from the factory. i.e a optional sports exhaust. It is bulls***t, but I have seen it happen. Even had a friend defected for the H-pattern not being on his shifter.

My advice, if it didn't come from the factory like that, legal or not, get it engineered to save some tight arsed cop taking your hard earned cash!!

I got defected for having my wheels scraping on the underguards just needed new tyres..

but i'm curious, is it possible to get a engineers cert for things like BOV's, Boost controllers etc ?

and thanks for any help

I got defected for having my wheels scraping on the underguards just needed new tyres..

but i'm curious, is it possible to get a engineers cert for things like BOV's, Boost controllers etc ?

and thanks for any help

It is possible. I got defected for being too low and not having standard seat rails. When I took it over the pits they said I needed a permit for BOV, pod filter, stut brace.