SAU Community

GROUP BUY HD Systems coilovers

fire555

Hey all,

I need a minimum of 5 orders for the following prices.

Details can be viewed at http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/index.htm

HR's for any model listed - $1580 inc delivery AUSTRALIA WIDE

HS's for any model listed - $1120 inc delivery AUSTRALIA WIDE

Terms, upfront payment before delivery.

Delivered straight from Aus distributor, will take 2-3 days.

These are intro prices only. RRP will be going up to $1800 for Hr's and 1300 for Hs's on the first of Feb. Looking to close this buy quickly.

I can be contacted on the forum, and also email [email protected]

Cheers

JP (boosted zed) of UAS is putting them on his track zed and mine are on the way (HR's) for my track 25t. I think they would be just fine.

Thanks skylinegeoff,

I guess what i should have said is, will they be OK for Sydney road conditions.

I want a bit lower, a bit stiffer and maybe a few track days here and there.

Alot of people get the Tein's ans sell them cause they are way too stiff.

That's my main concern.

So, ok for road use you think?

i am also thinking of buying the HS in this group buy, but i am just woundering how hard they are compared to the whiteline kit, especially here in melbourne where we have tram lines. if they are not too hard compared to the whiteline ones, i am in. its for a 96 gtst

Thanks

when does this group buy close?

b/c i was already looking into possibly buying the HD system coilovers.

my only concern right now is that the spring rates are stiffer than what i would prefer.

for anyone else interested, here are a few details for the HR coilovers for the R34 GT-t:

F: 9kg/mm

R: 7kg/mm

highest ride height approx 10mm lower than standard

lowest ride height "slammed" (quote from otomoto)

i am also thinking of buying the HS in this group buy, but i am just woundering how hard they are compared to the whiteline kit, especially here in melbourne where we have tram lines.  if they are not too hard compared to the whiteline ones, i am in. its for a 96 gtst

Thanks

I cant find any concrete information on the Whitline spring rates. I would say they would be very similar if not the same.

To all that are definetely interested, could you please PM me with what model your interested in, and your location. Looking to close this buy quickly, looks like we have 4 interested. So come on, who is going to get the last spot??

Regards

Quinn

Ok here is the email is received regarding spring rates.

These are the spring rates for Nissan

NISSAN Silvia

S13 88-93 F7kg R6kg

S14 93-98 F7kg R5kg

S15 98-03 F7kg R6kg

Skyline GTS

HCR32 89-93 F8kg R6kg

ECR33 93-98 F8kg R7kg

ER34 98-01 F9kg R7kg

Skyline GT-R

BNR32 89-94 F9kg R7kg

BCNR33 95-98 F10kg R8kg

BNR34 99-02 F12kg R10kg

300ZX Z32 90-96 F8kg R7kg

350Z Z33 03-current F7kg R5kg

We currently have the following springs in stock:

4kg/mm (224lb/in) $100/pair

5kg/mm (280lb/in) $100/pair

6kg/mm (336lb/in) $120/pair

7kg/mm (392lb/in) $120/pair

These are the retail prices.

We recommend that people try the recommended springs before changing to

something else.

OK I just fitted up this morning and got back from the test drive. Discovered left rear of my old shocks was leaking so that may highlight the difference I experienced. no high speed stuff, just heaps of roundabouts and some bumpy roads/trainlines.

I am extremely satisfied with the immediate handling improvement. I've only tried one setting which I think was fully soft, so I'm about to go the other end of the setting range and test again. The ride is firm and you know it when going over big bumps, but not too bad on my bad back measure with 3 busted discs :D. Height is within a couple of mm of the RSR lowered spring on the original shocks but I'll get Centreline to do the rest. Basically as high as will go with a suitable number of turns of thread in the cup to hold it safely. See my gallery for example of height. Don't worry though when side by side and the originals are a bit longer. It's a nice legal height as long as the exhaust doesn't hang down too far.

My regards to Unique Autosport and boosted zed (John Penlington) for their assistance and communication during this acquisition. A very satisfied customer here.

I am interested in getting a set of these, i just have a few questions.

I'm looking at these as an alternative to something like the whiteline spring+shock package and they will be used mainly for street driving with a few track days occasionally, so my main worry is that these will be too stiff for street use.

In another thread SydneyKid suggested around 200lb rear and 350 lb front was good for a street R32 gtst however these are quite a bit harder with 336lb rear and 448 lb front.

Would there be an additional cost on top of the prices listed to get them with different spring rates? eg do you need to buy the coilovers + 2 pairs of springs or can you just get them with a different spring rate for the same price?

Geoff, how are you finding them for road use? would you recommend them for a car that probably isnt going to be on the track much? do you think softer springs would be better?

Could anyone else with actually experience using these coilovers give there opinion of them for street use.

Does anyone know what the whiteline spring rates are for the R32 gtst?

What advantage is there to getting the HR over the HS? The main difference seems to be the pillow ball upper mount for camber adjustment but from what i've heard this will not allow camber adjustment on a skyline due to the double wishbone setup.

I have a mate who also may be interested in a set for an R32 gtst. probably the HS.

Arkhaeon: Why do you require s14/15 front units? Because even with a 5stud conversion done, s13 ones should fit fine. The HR's only have the seperate height adjustment and the camber tops. And yes, damper adjustment is front and rear.

tom_g: Im not sure how these will go on the street. Melbourne roads are generally quite good, and personally i went for a set. Your right, the skyline suspension setup wont allow camber adjustment at the front. Ill send off an email and find the advantages between the HR's and HS's for the skyline.

Further update:

wound fully anti cw the shocks are at softest damping, fully cw hardest (well...obviously) are bone jarring.

I'd say a set of these is almost livable if you don't drive too much, from my busted back perspective, but the handling improvement is out of sight combined with the rest of my setup.

To be honest, get a set, get a nicely built lady friend in a tight tee and go fo a drive....bet you can't keep your eyes on the road :D. There is no sportsbra up to the task

Arkhaeon: Why do you require s14/15 front units? Because even with a 5stud conversion done, s13 ones should fit fine. The HR's only have the seperate height adjustment and the camber tops. And yes, damper adjustment is front and rear.

on the S13 hub knuckle upright (where the strut attaches), the two bolts are 12mm, as opposed to the S14/15's 14mm.

I am now using S14 hubs, so the holes are 14mm. With my current S13 cuscos, the holes in them are obviously 12mm, so I am using 12mm bolts through 14mm holes (on the hub). This does work, but is a bit of a dodgy approach...

There are two options available for me, and that is to either drill the holes on the S13 coilovers larger to suit a 14mm bolt (removing the slop), or using s14/15 front coilovers.

If at all possible, I would rather NOT drill my brand new coilovers, if I can somehow get them 'pre-drilled' from the factory, so to speak.

Good stuff re. the adjustment capabilities. Ill take a set if i can get the money saved up in time (ill be putting min. $400 a week away, starting from next monday).

If you can get me the S13 rears and S14/15 fronts in 7kg:f, 5kg:r (or 8/6 if need be) then ill see what i can do about borrowing the money to make it easier.

Thanks a heap!

-Luke

Ok, ill find out if i can get a s13/s14 hybrid set hehe. To get these prices I need to order 5 sets at once. Mine set just came today, and i hafta say im impressed with the quality. They ended up taking 6 days to be sent, but the quality makes up for the delay in shipping.

Birnie: Ill set the closing date for this buy at the 25th. If we dont have the numbers, would you guys be interested in paying slightly more than the advertised price?? It would be somewhere in the region of 20 for the HS and 50 for HR. But ill try my hardest to get the 5 required. Please also keep in mind shipping for a set of these is quite expensive (upwards of 100). So if it doesnt seem like that good a deal, add on an extra 100 for shipping onto the retail price.