SAU Community

Popular Skyline?

Hi guys,

I am an Australian living in Japan and I am considering importing a Skyline into Sydney to sell. If I cant sell it I'll just keep it as I quite like Skylines. I suspect buying a brand new Skyline (2004/05) would be difficult to sell in Australia. Are there any particular models which are popular? If so anyone care to let me know which and why?

Personally I probably wouldn't want to buy anything older than 96 as I don't like the older stylings before this date.

Thanks for your feedback.

buy a Nismo Z-tune R34 GTR. It costs 19 million yen or thereabouts, and it'll be the only one in australia. It'll also be one of 20 in the world. The only way you can buy one of them is direct from Nismo and only bring it into australia as a personal import.

I'm with Funkahhhh :D

Its seriously not worth the effort unless you bring in something unique as a personal import. A JUN, Mines, HKS et al factory car would be top of the list but you will need some big khunas to pay for those. Oh, and you have to show 12 months ownership and use prior to import.

LW.

any highly modified japanese sports car that RHD is good. Preference being obviously ones that are handbuilt by popular tuning houses etc. Anything else is not worth the trouble and effort.

If you want something relatively cheap but hard to get in AU, then get a Tommy Kiara R34R, under the SEV's scheme you can't import them, as they are illegally modified, but there's enough of them floating around to make it a cheap investment. People who missed out on importing one under the old RAWS scheme will definitely want one.

As I think Funkey and I have been alluding to, there isn't much point bringing in something people can already get: the margins for importing are very low anyway, so the difference between a car you bring in and one someone can already get is going to be very small (or nonexistant).

So your best bet is to bring in something we can't get (or get easily). Generally that means something less than 15 years old that is either too highly modified for it to be worth trying to bring it under SEVS, or something not available at all under SEVS.

The Tommy K is a good suggestion. Shan, do you have any links for the R34R? Tried Googling without much luck.

LW.