SAU Community

Pioneer Stacker not working

JH32

I was trying to install my Pioneer stacker and it doesn't work :D

I had it working before, but then it suddenly stopped.

I tested the power with a test light, and there is power going into the stacker, but when I press eject the cartridge doesnt come out.

whats going on!

On the deck I can't choose the stacker. It only cycles through the Tape deck and the Radio.

Does anyone know why this might be happening??

Originally posted by JiMiH

I was trying to install my Pioneer stacker and it doesn't work :D

I had it working before, but then it suddenly stopped.

I tested the power with a test light, and there is power going into the stacker, but when I press eject the cartridge doesnt come out.

whats going on!

On the deck I can't choose the stacker. It only cycles through the Tape deck and the Radio.

Does anyone know why this might be happening??

Hmmm, a few things to check....

Make sure the cable is conected correctly into both the head unit and the stacker.

Check the fuse that's near the stacker.

And the one that I forgot a few times is the earth wire for the stacker.

Give them ago.

Goodluck

J

The same thing happened to mine. It was under the seat, and a piece of fabric (from the seat cover) got jammed in there and it basically shut down. Check if anything has slid in with the cartridge...

One other thing I can think of is that the pioneer stackers have an adjustment on each side that lets it know if its installed horizontally or vertically. I'm not 100% but I think they have to be set the same on both sides for it to work (and set correctly)... worth a look anyway...

mmm checked that couldnt see anything :cool:

normally when the power comes on the stacker makes a noise like it's sorting the cds in the cartridge or something.

now it makes no noise at all :)

Yo checked that too :D

This is killing me hey!

At the moment I have to listen to shitty tapes coz I can't get good reception from the radio either!!! :P

Do you know the authorized Pioneer repairer in Perth by any chance :)

Originally posted by JiMiH

Yo checked that too :O

Do you know the authorized Pioneer repairer in Perth by any chance :O

Sorry cant help there... try the Pioneer Aus web site...

You've got the right idea tho, its stuffed.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually JimiH u could be lucky, i took my Sony one to a local audio place and they said that the Pioneers are easy and quick to fix if anthing goes wrong - apparently it could take 3-6 months to get mine fixed by Sony so I basically ripped it out and gonna redo the stereo from scratch anyways. Hope you have better luck!

I think i'll check if any fuses are blown anyways - hopefully it could be just that and woohoo 12 disc stacker here i come! :(

Yeah cheers guys I might have a little look-see inside

If I can't see anything astray I'll just dump it with them and get them to fix it! That's good news though about being easier to fix!

Phew! :)

Guest GR33DyMANGO

hey dewd theres a place on the corner of scarborough beach road and selby st, osborne park, where u can get it fixed. i reckon they are a rip off.. but if u run out of options u should try this place.

pioneer etc and all those big coys use them to repair their stuff....... so ive heard.

for anymore info u know how to contact me... :(

ps. that number again is 0055 MANGO