SAU Community

HKS GT-RS Installed

croat

After heaps of small dramas i finally got my R33 gtst with GT-RS turbo running. Mods are as follows:

- 3.5' exhaust with CES split dump/highflow cat

- Blitz SBC/EBC

- oil catch can

- intercooler

- oil cooler (not fitted at moment due to leak)

- power fc

- running standard fuel pump, surge tank and bosch 044 pump.

- splitfire coils

- Z32 afm

- Unique Auto 1400kg 5 puck clutch

- 5.5kg lightened flywheel

Car produced 240rwkw at 1.2-1.3 bar, tuned by mark at MRC motorsport castle hill. Boost starts around 3500 and really kicks in at 4000rpm, goes hard till redline. All round this seems as a very good all round turbo. Will hopefully be running it at eastern creek this coming wednesday so will see what times i can get.

Other people producing similar power, just like to know what type of petrol consumption are u getting? i am still not yet finished my first tank but have passed half way and only done 70 or so km's, does this sound right?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other people producing similar power, just like to know what type of petrol consumption are u getting? i am still not yet finished my first tank but have passed half way and only done 70 or so km's, does this sound right?

Ahh no. Half a tank is 37 litres, that's 1.9 kilometres to the litre! Worst I see is 6 kilometres to the litre with 265 rwkw. Maybe it is just "new power syndrome" where the right foot always stays on the floor so the brain can experience the excileration. Maybe give it a few days for thje effect to wear off. If it is still 1.9 then maybe drop back and get the lambda sensor reconnected ('cause that's what usually gets left off) .:(

good to see it's up and running. I'm looking at going the same route with a similar GT-RS setup, so will be interested to keep up with your progress.

thats a heap of fuel to be going through in such a short distance tho....

Maybe it is just "new power syndrome" where the right foot always stays on the floor so the brain can experience the excileration.  Maybe give it a few days for thje effect to wear off.  

ahahaha my thoughts exactly.

It wears off when you start filling up once a day and realise that its a crock.

dont have scanner to get dyno sheet up. a/f ratios were i think 12to1... this petrol thing got me worried. I am giving it a bit as usual with a new set-up. Max boost i run is 1.3 bar (19psi) u guys think thats too much for standard engine?

Some simple backyard calcs show that 240rwkw from this turbo is about all you will get with his current set up. Remember the original emissions cams, weak valve springs, inlet and outlet plenums are still used which means the breathing potential of the engine is not altered from a stock set up.

Typical 200rwkw rb25det needs 12psi. Add in 15psi of atmo pressure and your absolute pressure ends up being 27psi.

His car knocked out 240rwkw. Difference in power is an additional 20%. So it takes approx. 20% more absolute pressure to get that power if all other variables remain the same ie. Stuff mentioned above.

So we get 20% on top of 27psi which equals 32.4 absolute or ~17-18psi (1.2 bar) gauge.

Throw in your usual dyno corrections, tuning parameters, alignment of jupiter to the sun and there you have it. Although you might squeeze in another 10rwkw if you had a butcher for a tuner and didn’t mind swapping engines every year :D

i have 250 with slippin clutch on dyno dynamics... engine out atm but retune with new os giken clutch and cams and gasket we expect 280-290

geno8r my set up is a lil diff to boros plenum and piping are diff...

Considering a hiflowed standard turbo is almost half the price and capable of the same power as a GT-RS I to would be disappointed in those results (however injectors would be needed).

Fatz just posted about an XR6 turbocharger.

Similar response, by the sound of it. good @3500rpm, madman @4500rpm

260-270kw before the squirters maxed out.

Can't wait for these to flood the used market. mmmmmmmmmmm !!!

Dont forget a good tune or kind dyno operator can make dyno figures look good. And a bad tuner or conservative dyno make a turbo look bad.

Its only a figure, what was the car dyno'd at before the upgrade...was it on the same dyno.

I got similar power to boro with 230 rwkw @ 12psi so I'll race boro soon enough & we'll see how his car pulls! He should have some more torque @ 19psi :aroused: I wana see the dyno sheets!

The second i get my Power FC & Tune, z32, & Injectors my boost will be going to 18 - 19 psi too :headbang: