SAU Community

BEWARE OF BACON - brisbane

$$slowmedown

I turned left onto logan rd the other nite coming from carindale way .. fri nite i think it was, and there were a whole bunch of police standing in the middle of the road with hand held lasers and pulling over every modified/import car they could

there was a skyline, gtir and a 180 there i think..

soon as they saw me turning they went crazy, ran out into my lane and pointed to me like i was some kind of murderous criminal.

and for all that, they got angry at me for having front blinkers that were too red and they blink too fast

other than that they were pretty nice,

but common, is that all police do these days?

having xr6t undercover police cars is bloody stupid,

what happens if some unsuspecting teenager in his daddy bought 500hp GTR rolls up next to the ute, so the police floor it for a second to see if he will bite.. then the GTR floors it and by the time the ute has backed off the GTR is already ages away going 200, then he crashes and kills himself on the bend..

U tell me whos fault that is and weather or not the police are 'saving lives'

soon as they saw me turning they went crazy, ran out into my lane and pointed to me like i was some kind of murderous criminal.

OMG IMPORT DRIVER!!! GET HIM!!!

What a waste of tax dollars... But also good that they are focusing on road safety :P

having xr6t undercover police cars is bloody stupid,  

what happens if some unsuspecting teenager in his daddy bought 500hp GTR rolls up next to the ute, so the police floor it for a second to see if he will bite.. then the GTR floors it and by the time the ute has backed off the GTR is already ages away going 200, then he crashes and kills himself on the bend..

Thats clearly the dads fault for not putting in better suspension!!! On a serious note...It used to always amuse me to see these's threads when I lived in noosa and rarely got pulled over. Now i live at the goldcoast and the whole "RBT" pull over crap is kinda wearing thin. Maybe they should start pulling over things like old xf's and the like that are held togehter with a slight amount of bog, cause I for 1 have never seen one of those pulled up with me. Im sure that most skylines are professionaly modified and hence are probably safer than most other cars on the road.

Still, I know that this is very, very unlikely to change and so I guess we'll just have to deal with it....that and contest all the fines we can to get our moneys worth of the legal system. :P

It's a policing policy culture, around Australia. $$$$$$ and more $$$$$ don't worry about anything else. As I write this i know it's a fact that 50% of the total conglomerated policing hrs are designated to traffic duties in QLD, So if you feels you are being a little hard done by, you are damn well right, Also the current trends for real policing is that minor crime are being brush of as civil case and then they have the right to refuse any police involvement.

Logan rd (near the bridge) seems to be a popular defect station spot, i have seen them setup there a few time. Dunno why as its easy to avoid that area.

i have never been rbt'ed since i moved to qld 14 months ago.. I could drink drive every night and get away with it (not that I would), in fact i think half of QLD does. Saw a dude today driving along with a stubby in his hand (this is actually true)

Logan rd (near the bridge) seems to be a popular defect station spot, i have seen them setup there a few time. Dunno why as its easy to avoid that area.

Yep, remember always be in the right lane on the stones corner roudabout so you can keep going around if you spot them up under the railway bridge :(

They are quite commonly outside Photo Continental heading south on Logan Road at Mount Gravatt or outside Garden City Shopping Centre heading south on Logan Road. I saw them in BOTH spots on Thursday night. Lucky I was in mum's barina.. They never suspected I drove an import.

haha photo continental is where I had an old tiger mica undercover commodore keep trying to go me at the lights, kept gunning it and dropping back again hoping I'd take the bait...knob!!!

I feel so left out :rofl:

I can drive any vehicle, anywhere, in any way I choose and never get pulled over.

Well, except for speeding. Sucks to 119 in 100 zone, I coulda farted near the accelerator and sped up that much.

Anyway, even the VL just makes the cops have a snoop out the car window, then go back to ordering donuts.

i saw some freaky crap today

in the middle of the day, on gc hwy, in miami- 3 cops on bikes looking over some guys torana, with 2 cop cars and another bike hidden up the road in the bushes, near the high school

hope it wasnt a defect setup????