SAU Community

my cefiro was just stolen

CEF11E

I consider mysely very lucky, at 6pm on sunday the police came round and gave me the good news!

my car was recovered.

Minus

Intercooler, BOV, boost guage, boost controller, Infact about 15 items missing all adding up to roughly $3000

Plus there is some minor damage.

but its all repairable.

Nedless to say the car is getting fitted with sattalite tracking, the worlds biggest alarm system and there is now a security camera in my carport. and i am taking the ECU out of the car every single time i am not in it.

they didnt catch the little theives who stole it but they were seen dumping the car and they were about 14-15 years old.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nic lives in the ghetto that's why.

Nic - give us a buzz I've been workin on some tricks when it comes to security.. been fully thinkin bout it since your car got taken.

Also before you run out and grab a quik trac or whatever talk to me also :)

Good to hear it's back tho. May as well strip the engine and go the rb30 eh ? :)

Where was it found? Great to hear you got it back

it was found less than 1 km from where it was stolen, but they put 100 ks on it.

yeah they stole my kik ass stereo but get this

the little fu#kers stole the head unit but not the loom and destroyed the dash in the process. so now the stereo is worthless to them and they ruined the dash.

They also took my GRID electronic boost controller that was worth $800+ but they didnt take the solonoid that controlls boost!

they got in by bending out the rear door frame rendering the door fuc#ed.

the engine is fine did a leakdown test and a compression test and its ok. the clutch is ruined. but everything else mechanical is fine.

i will get it back on the road and it will be just like it was. but its going to take time and money.

From now on it has hidden security cameras on it, 120DB alarm, AND NO ECU!

Good to hear you have it back mate!!!

I have put a decend alarm in mine and two nice little screamers, 1 under the dash, 1 in the boot 140db rated I think so the little F***ers will get a nose bleed before they get anything out of my car

again nice to see you got it back

ADRNLN

some fusion job, around 500 bucks installed. black loom 4pt imobiliser, shokc sensors. extra 2 screamers in the cabin hidden under the dash, got an extra pin switch too for the bonnet (bonnet pins so no latch). i used to install car audio and if they can take the pain inside the car while they **** around then then they semi deserve it, at least i know it will cause some pain ahhah

insurance are giving me money back too, not sure how much though yet

another idea i played with in my last car that works good that i might do to the ceffy is hide a heap of cheap ass jaycar strobe lights through it, worked for my last car.