SAU Community

Polish

ONYX

Can any of u guys point me towards a good polish to get rid of small chips etc in the car. I don't really want to use a cut and polish too often, how often do you reccommend using a polish.

i use glide on glaze to get a good shine after a wash, but it doesn't get scratches etc out, it is just for shine :) Shine is good :)

use meguiars paint cleaner if u want to take off very very light scratch or marks from the paint. or stains, swirls etc. paint cleaner is good stuff. else use meguiars scratch X, i haven't had the need to use that, but i heard it works pretty well. like a lite cut n polish. i wouldn't use any of this stuff too often. i only use paint cleaner like once every few months.

Originally posted by MRK25T

What can you use to get out small scratches in a double din head unit to make it look like new again?

Mark

I used toothpaste.. yes, toothpaste! (non-gel kind of course!) It's almost like a VERY fine cream cleanser...

use at own risk tho... i used AIM btw ;)

Amongst my collection of cleaners and polishes are the following, hopefully this will help you guys

1. Autoglym Super Resin Polish (remove marks and small swirls)

2. Autoglym Glass polish (marks on glass, yes i use on headunit)

3. Meguiars hi tech yellow wax (use after polishing)

4. Meguiars Gold Class Wash (the only wash to use)

5. Meguiars Chamois

6. Meguiars cloth and trim cleaner (EXCELLENT STUFF)

7. Windex