SAU Community

Taking out mods. should i??

LiNDa.C

im thinking of taking out my girl's BOV, pod filter and definitely the boost controller [since i know 4 sure that boost controls r illegal]. they all came with her when i bought her, and honestly, im am just way too scared of the whole "being defected by cops/EPA" thing

does anyone have any advice? like, whether i SHOULD or SHOULDNT, if its a do-able job by a non-professional [ie:my husband], and if not then where i can get it the stuff taken out.

if my car doesnt have these things, that means they cant do anything 2 me right? or will they just find something else to defect me for?

but seriously...i dont know how u guys handle driving a car which gets so much crap...ive only had my skyline since NYE's and i already want to sell her cuz of all the stuff ppl have said about being pulled over and stuff.....*sigh

well first of all... DONT SELL IT cause of the victorian wank nut cops...

if ur not worried about power etc and just like driving it.... take off the boost controller.

Get rid of the bov cause its a waste of time anyway or just get it plumbed back.

make it as legal as possible right down to the H pattern sticker required for gear sticks without the pattern on them.

Sorry to inform you, but you are actually illegally driving your car, due to the power to weight ratio (i.e.: R33 Gts-t's are considered to be too powerful for P-platers, thus are illegal).

Anyway, pod filter is legal, BOV can just be replaced or converted to a plumb-back (easy) and boost controllers can be removed by a mechanic (hopefully your std solenoid/valve has not been removed).

Which part of Melb. are you from? (North, east, south west)

I agree!!!

I agree too, we are a target regardless of mods, however the less things to be picked on the better. I converted my car back to totally stock a few weeks back, even if I did get pulled over they would probably pick on tyres etc... but I do feel a lot less stressed when driving now and as many other people say, as long as you are obeying the road rules etc, etc, why stress. You'll get pulled over if your car looks and sounds different, or you drive like a dick regardless.

... in regards to "Taking out mods. should i??"... it's upto you ;):O:)

I agree... your ****ed either way! I'm selling!

man...sad to hear you are selling your GTR as you just got it, especially it is a nice clean one (saw the photo in your gallery)....but what can you do with those vic police and defecting things....really sux

anyway, I'm sure you will get a good price for it....good luck with the sale

if your not too fussed about performance then you could easily remove those 3 components. if your hubby is half compitent he should be able to remove those in 2-3 hrs at home. that being said you could always play the innocent "im a girl and i dont know what those shiny bits do, they just came with the car" act and hope the cops let you off. its your decision though but dont sell it just cause you've been readin bad stuff. i got pulled over for the first time in the 4yrs that ive owned the car a couple weeks ago and they did the whole check and let me go simply cause there was nothing illegal so not everyone gets defected for nothing. so at least drive it around untill you get pulled over and then decide if its too much hassel for you to drive it. make sure you bring it out to a cruise before you do:D:D

funny how you refer your car as "her"....then again ive never heard anyone referring to a car as a "he"...LOL

Which part of Melb. are you from? (North, east, south west)

im from the S.E suburbs of melb, near springvale.

Sorry to inform you, but you are actually illegally driving your car, due to the power to weight ratio (i.e.: R33 Gts-t's are considered to be too powerful for P-platers, thus are illegal).

yeh i know my power to weight is illegal, but i heard all i will get is a fine since my car isnt exclusively listed on the list of illegal cars for P platers to drive.

so since pod filter is legal i guess i will just leave it in. as for the boost controller my hubby wants it for his 32 so by all means, he can have it!

does anyone know where around springvale i can get my BOV plumbed back??

Don't be too worried about being pulled over by the cops. Yes, you're in the high risk category (aren't we all?), but it's not too bad. Think of it as being scored when you drive past a cop car... Basically:

- Good looking wheels & tyres - 1 point.

- Lowered suspension - 1 point.

- Body kit/extreme bars/extreme wing - 1 point.

- Loud - 1 point.

- Hint of blow off valve (noise) - 1 point.

- Rice stickers - 1 point.

- Gauges, etc - 1 point.

- P-Plater - 1 point.

- Reckless driving - 2 points.

- Speeding - 2 points.

By the end of all this, if you score highly yup you're gonna get in trouble... if not, they'll usually leave you alone. In two years of driving my R33, I haven't been pulled over once, except when their speed cameras indicate my presence. I live in Dandenong, so I know how bad the cops can be!

My car is dead stock though, even down to the rims (which is extremely depressing - P1 Racings, here I come!). I'm planning on leaving it as stock looking as possible, save the big hole in the front for an intercooler. I want this covered in black mesh so it's not too noticable though.

So think about your car - if it looks like any other standard car you'll be fine. If it looks like every other ricer import you will be getting some high scores there!

im from the S.E suburbs of melb' date=' near springvale.

yeh i know my power to weight is illegal, but i heard all i will get is a fine since my car isnt exclusively listed on the list of illegal cars for P platers to drive.

Umm sorry to dissapoint you dude but it's actuall a fine AND 3 demerit points for being over power/weight now..... i think most P platers are gonna be selling soon :D

Well i guess it all depent on where you stay and how ur car looks. I been staying in City as CBD for 5 years and been driving my R34 GTT and R33 GTR around city most of the time and NEVER been pull over before and i guess city should have the most cop. So my summary is, it all depent how you drive.

First thing i know what i will get , my tinted windows which is 90% dark, but still i dont get pull over, this is because i am very carefull when ever i see cops. So you shoulden worry much about it. If you are going to get pull over with ur mods, what about me? touch wood :)

No it'snot always like that...if u live in the eastern suburbs it's not about how u drive, it's all about what drive. Trust me i know....

City IS the best place in regards to police and their leniancy so i'd consider urself lucky [:)]

im am just way too scared of the whole "being defected by cops/EPA" thing

but seriously...i dont know how u guys handle driving a car which gets so much crap...ive only had my skyline since NYE's and i already want to sell her cuz of all the stuff ppl have said about being pulled over and stuff.....*sigh

Dont worry about what a select few post on this forum. Most of em are driving around Friday/Saturday nights and in areas where everyone is pulled over.

And certain suburbs that are know to be tough.

And simply its thier own fault a lot of the time.

Just leave your stuff in there. If you dont drive like and idiot or draw attention to yourself you will be fine.

Dont worry about what a select few post on this forum. Most of em are driving around Friday/Saturday nights and in areas where everyone is pulled over.

Just leave your stuff in there. If you dont drive like and idiot or draw attention to yourself you will be fine.

what is said above is somewhat true. If u do drive in or around the K Nox area though expect to have your arse reamed. Aslong as you dont do this u should be fine. And dont bag cops on the fourms....they WILL come to ur house..lol

And u think i'm jokin aswell :)

YES I AGREE with this.

Well i guess it all depent on where you stay and how ur car looks. I been staying in City as CBD for 5 years and been driving my R34 GTT and R33 GTR around city most of the time and NEVER been pull over before and i guess city should have the most cop. So my summary is, it all depent how you drive.  

First thing i know what i will get ,  my tinted windows which is 90% dark, but still i dont get pull over, this is because i am very carefull when ever i see cops. So you shoulden worry much about it. If you are going to get pull over with ur mods, what about me? touch wood :)

Thats Bullshit! Both times (last Thursday and Friday) I got pulled over I was doing nothing wrong. On Friday when I got DEFECTED I was doing 65km in a 70km zone. Cop was looking down radar and as soon as I drove past he droped the radar and chased me for what? Driving a GTR? I think so! even the ppl @ VicRoads today were sorry for me. Fair enough if I was doing stupid shit like speeding or what not.

Rang the cop station also and told of my story and to get some advice, even the copper said bad luck but what do you expect driving a skyline...? They are out to get you.

The number of people that dont get trouble far out weighs those that do.

Maybe you might have done bad things in the past and the cop remembers you???

that highly likely.

Driving at night increases the likelyhood 100% as there isnt much going on, and Police have to meet a set quota.