SAU Community

difference in S1 r33

guys i was wondering if u could help me out, ive got a s1 r33 gtst and on the front it has kind of a wire grate, but on other s1 r33 there are bars going horisontally... why is mine different i have never seen one like mine becides mine... i dont get it.

I'm pretty sure that your grill is an after market item. Don't be too stressed about it. Your grill has less restriction then the other ones with bars so better airflow into engine bay. Seen another line down here with the same grill!

There sure is - well sortof!

The main differences can be seen on the outside. The Series 2 has a different wing, front bar, bonnet and headlights straight out of the factory. From memory there are minor differences in the engine bay, the turbo in the series 2 are different internally from 1 as they are said to spool up quicker than the series 1.

hey, i dont think it is aftermarket, i have seen lots of r33s (series one mostly but have also seen series twos with them on) with that exact grille on them, so maybe it was a factory option...

hey, i dont think it is aftermarket, i have seen lots of r33s (series one mostly but have also seen series twos with them on) with that exact grille on them, so maybe it was a factory option...

Definitely a factory option on S1 models, have seen both grilles in the FAST parts list.

S2 grilles are kinda similar, but a bit narrower. And front bar aftermarket kits not-withstanding, I've only ever seen one type of S2 grille?

For other S1 vs S2 differences do a search, zillions of threads on that topic.

i still dont get it then why mine has the fornt grate and urs doesnt.

If their both s1 and made in 93...

'Tick the box' option in Japan - along with things like the different front bar, side skirts etc.

I thought S1.5 refers to a S1 with any S2 bits on it - mine has a S1 exterior and interior, but has the S2 engine. Looks like Nissan did a heap of mixing and matching during '95 so S1.5's could be any combination!

Gatty - you could order the mesh type grille from Nissan - I've seen the part number is listed in the FAST system, so they should be able to look it up for you. Or get an aftermarket one (probably cheaper!), I got one from East Bear in Japan:

http://www.east-bear.co.jp/aeroparts/skyli...33/f-grill.html

Run it thru Babelfish for a translation:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/