SAU Community

R32 V-Spec II

Just quick question or three:

How much did you pic your V-Specs up for and when and how?

R32 GTR under the old "SEVS"? Private import?

What are the differences between v-spec II N1 and a v-spec II.

I'm looking to buy one mid year but i don't won't to another wait another 3-4 years under the 15 year rule- (which will probably disapper this year)?

Hopefull I pick one up in OZ or under the current SEVS.

Thanks

I have an aussie spec r32 GTR from the seventy litre tank I get around 450km and that is a mix of traffic and spirited driving. It has a power fc, boost is always set to 1 bar and exhaust and filter.

V-Spec II N1 is the same as the GTR N1 + the V-Spec II upgrades (Brakes, ETS pro, Suspension)

The N1 has no rear wiper, no ac, no stereo..(all luxuries gone so to speak, more of a race car.) but they do have better turbos.

Actually it's the other way around...v-spec cars DON'T have fins on the diff cover.   But that's not a reliable guide either as  some late production non-v-spec R32 GTR's also came without the diff fins.

Wrong-V Specs DO have the finning on the differential housing.It has been done many a time that these diff's make their way onto non V Specs as either an "upgrade"(the "extra cooling" offered by the fins is usually offset by the twit who jacks the rear of the car up with a centre jack and snap most of these fins off...).Standard GTR's DON'T have the finned diff' cover.Aside from that...

The R32 GT-R V-Spec got:

The aforementioned BBS 17x8JJ rims with 225/50 17 tires, the Brembo 324mm brake upgrade, quicker reaction ATTESA-ETS tuning, and metal compressor/exhaust wheels in the turbos. Colors: White, Dark Blue, Black, Silver, Gun-Grey Metallic, Red Pearl, Greyish-Blue Pearl.

The R32 GT-R, the V-Spec, and the V-Spec II were made alongside each other from Feb '94 through to Dec '94.

So, the R32 GT-R: released Aug '89, ended production in Dec '94

The R32 GT-R V-Spec: released Feb '93 through to Dec '94

And the R32 GT-R V-Spec II: released Feb '94 through to Dec '94

Other differences i believe were the computer, suspension upgrades including torsion bars, push pull type gearbox.

Difference between Vspec and Vspec II was that the supsenion was set for Le Mans on Vspec II.

...THIS is spot on! Thanks KBNR32! Also the V Spec and V Sec II has the second,smaller,rear boot spoiler,the lip on the bonnet and an extra lower lip on the front 'bar(or splitter,as some call it). All this info' was stuff I delved into at great length when I was working out which model and specification of GTR I would put into my garage.Guess what I brought?!

we had a vspec 2 turn upto our meet in wagga yesterday.. has a really awsome white colour too

pics are in the national events thread :D

Thanks for the props! It's nice to be appreciated!

I thought a Power FC would increase fuel consumption.

Just quoting what the trip meter tells me.lol.

How much did you guys pay for your v-specs and when did you purchase them, just curious as from what I have seen a v-spec II in japan can still cost as much as a cheaper r34.

I have an aussie spec r32 gtr and it too has a finned diff cover. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it just a normal diff with a finned cover to try and improve cooling for australian conditions?

No oil cooler on the VSP or VSP II, only on the N1.... but mine now has a snazzy HKS cooler with remote filter.

The only diff i can spot between the VSP and VSP2 is 245 tyres on the VSP2.

I was always under the impression that the small rear boot spoiler and the bonnet lip (splitter) were Nismo only..... and that they could have been an option for buyers off the showroom floor.

When i bought my car it came with Nismo side skirts and read Nismo small lip... no splitter, i also dont have the N1 intercooler ducts on the front bumper bar... and these were optional as well to my knowledge.

I bought my 93 vspec just over 12 montsh ago... genuine 72K... Nismo silver...Nismo body kit, HKS dragster exhaust.. 3.5 inch.. 4 inch tip, with dumps. PWR intercooler, twin plate clutch, Apexi power intake, mines ECU. 3K sound system. HKS boost gauge. Running 1 bar ATM.

Paid low 40's .. and didnt mind paying the premium for a rare vspec.. with all the assosicated upgrades.

PLanning to upgrade turbos, injectors Nismo 555cc (already purchased) fuel pump and regulator, Apexi PFC and boost controller, Z32 airflowmeters, coilpack, Larger intercooler with piping.

Paint Rocker cover.. Nismo silver(same as car).. with R34 GTR rocker cover plate.