SAU Community

R32 V-Spec II

Nice, bugger all difference between I and II... best thing over the regular R32 would have to be the brakes. Shame they didn't have an oil cooler though.

I think the old white JMS drag car was a V-Spec 1.

I have what im pretty sure is a r32 v specII. its a genuine Tommy Kiara and he only used the best cars. but i know it is definatly v spec. Apparently the easiest way to tell is the v spec's have cooling fins on the rear diff casing. Is there any other way of telling.

Apparently the easiest way to tell is the v spec's have cooling fins on the rear diff casing.

Actually it's the other way around...v-spec cars DON'T have fins on the diff cover. But that's not a reliable guide either as some late production non-v-spec R32 GTR's also came without the diff fins.

Other then the brakes for the Vspec I & II are there any other differences?

I've just bought an 89 and get it on monday. but as for the brakes I think the ferodo pads, braided lines and race fluid should help get them up to scratch

I have a question while i'm here though, what is the capacity of the GTR fuel tank??

my GTST was 55L so I assumed they were too but I saw a post for 72L the other day, that can't be right can it?

mark :D

Yep ATTESSA system is better on a vspec calculates much faster it's the same unit I believe that were fitted to the 33 GTR's . Other then Brembo's only other things I can think of is the vspec came with bigger 17inch wheels from the factory and maybe an oil cooler but don't take my word on that one .

Yep the tank is a tad over 70L, and putting around daily driving I get about 320km (mine is modified though). Most people I know with standard ones are around the same, 400km off a tank if youre really pushing it.

RB26 = thirsty mofo :D

The R32 GT-R V-Spec got:

The afore mentioned BBS 17x8JJ rims with 225/50 17 tires, the Brembo 324mm brake upgrade, quicker reaction ATTESA-ETS tuning, and metal compressor/exhaust wheels in the turbos. Colors: White, Dark Blue, Black, Silver, Gun-Grey Metallic, Red Pearl, Greyish-Blue Pearl.

The R32 GT-R, the V-Spec, and the V-Spec II were made alongside each other from Feb '94 through to Dec '94.

So, the R32 GT-R: released Aug '89, ended production in Dec '94

The R32 GT-R V-Spec: released Feb '93 through to Dec '94

And the R32 GT-R V-Spec II: released Feb '94 through to Dec '94

Other differences i believe were the computer, suspension upgrades including torsion bars, push pull type gearbox.

Difference between Vspec and Vspec II was that the supsenion was set for Le Mans on Vspec II