SAU Community

A'pexi power intake

ausgtr

Hi guys

It's time to get rid the standard air intake and get me something a bit better. I have read the threads about the a'pexi power intake and decided it looks the goods, i also am thinking of buying it through www.perfectrun.com.au . They have the a'pexi power intake for $345 (not including freight) for the R32 GT-R, is there anything else i will need to buy? or does that kit include everything for the installation?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Very professional....looking good :D

You need to partition them off so they suck cool air instead of nasty engine bay air.

Just looking at your pics an easy way to do it might be to separate the filters from the adapter tubes and place your partition so it sits against the flange of the tubes, cut holes for the air intakes then use longer bolts to put your filters backon with the partition sandwiched between them and the flanges. would make for a nice simple job. Good luck

Uas is the only place I know that supplies them and unless your car is stock I don't know how they can get the holes for the pipeing in the right place . I got one and it never even looked like fitting, Best way is to make your own using aluminium backed foam. it's much easier to work with than rigid material and you can close it off completely.

Originally posted by vspec2

Did the entire kit cost you $345 including piping?

cheers

Plus $82 freight. It came with the brackets and the two pipes for each pod, just unpack and take off the standard airbox, and wack her on, the directions are in japanese but the diagrams were very easy to follow. It took me about 30 minutes to do it and this is my first hands-on mod, so it's not that hard.