SAU Community

My sterio In in the Skyline

Paulie_Bro

Hi Guys,

just wondering what you'll think abt my sterio

i've got clarion in dash dvd touch screen, with tv tuner, 53 x 4 with 5.1 surround sound, 1000Watt Hertz Speakers in the front doors, with 4 tweeters, running off a baby dragster amp, i have 550 watt speakers in the rear running of the dvd computer, in the boot, i have 2 x 15" quad coil Digital Desgin subs, normally running off a 2000watt audison vrx amp which is spl tuned(blew it up gone for repair), so tempory amp is some alpine amp... which is running of a 15 farad (2000 jouels) compasitor, i've also upgraded the battery to a camping one...

the install is not finished yet... cause the amp getting blow on the last day of the install, we didn't bother finishing it off.... we're waiting for the amp to come back so we can paint and make the boot looking nicer....

i did most of the install my self, and my mate did the major wireing....

please tell me what you think....

nice looking - how much rattle do you get from the back end ... ?

also, one suggestion, move the tv to the top of the din slots, the aircon controls to the middle, then you dont have to close the screen to alter the temp ...

just my 2c

hey man, just a question can u PM me the details of those guages u got on ur din shelving under ur dvd screen, i been hunting for those for too long to remember, and have had no luck, cheers guys...

also can u also send me any sort of help to get the wiring of RCA's etc from the headunit to the boot, as i dont want to pull up carpet that i dont need to, and do damage to the carpet or plastic and would like the carpet to go back to its original position so as to keep the clean newish look to it... cheers guys... PM asap about guages and info :DDDD

thankx

I see they cut out a bit to fit the dvd screen. So moving the ac dials would look crap as you will be left with an untidy finish...

I love the sub box (the boot) very ambishis... Lucky installslike this dont cost 20g's these days. But still not cheap....

thanx for the replies,

the reason y i i installed the screen where it is, cause the AC has that little angle on it, and it would of looked crap cutting and chopping... we did enough of that in the boot...

the dvd screen has a feature, you hoold the close button for 3 seconds, and it flips down so you can play around with the AC, then after 6 sec it flips back up...

i don't much rattles from the back end cause most of it has been fiber glassed, the boot is the only thing left to glass... pretty much the whole car neary ratthes on really low based songs...

yeah the set-up is worth abt 20 G's... but i never paid that much :>

like i said in the first post, my mate did the major wireing, and the wires running from the amp to the subs, is 170$ a metre, its high quallity speacker wire...

the reason why i got a 15 farad compasitor, is cause i wanted one and my mate said here's one, you can have it for 250$ i'm like sweet throw it in...

and the gauges model number is VD-100 can buy from www.jaycar.com.au

the gauges are a VU meter and voltage meter...

also i've got 2 gauge power wire running to the compasitor, and amps...

if you need help with your sterio, please e-mail me... its a lot easier...

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...