SAU Community

Stop baggin HSVs

ummm.. i wonder whats gonna happen if u compair with same kw on both car??

and why compair HSV with NISSAN not with a NISMO??(e.g. NISMO 400R?)

anyway nice info u've provide... but i still like Skylines more than Holden... it just looks so much better...

cheers

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k_hole

Trader Rating: (0)

k-hole you sure you aint the reincarnation of skylinekiller or a buddy of sidewndr who have all joined on Feb 2005 just to have a look at how wrong all your comparison posts are.

and non of the holden or v8 supporters have answered my question about why do v8s need a 5.7L car with that much engine power to get a car to perform the same as a 2.6L car with 1/2 the power and its 10 years older.

The most enjoyable read ever was when they compared to R34 GTR to some New HSV in a speed mag i think. Both were equally modified (just a few small bolt-ons, boost and computer), and the T34 GTR beat the Holden in every aspect from rolling start to breaking etc... There is no argument that Holden has some catching up to do!

That was in Speed magazine I think yeah

The GT-R mauled the crap out of the GTS, and the GTS even broke some of it's drivetrain (I distinctly remember the 1 week old KAAZ LSD going snap)

But I'd have to say the most enjoyable read of the kind I've ever had was in Wheels magazine in 2002 I think, R34 GT-R V-Spec 2 Nur vs HSV V2 Coupe GTS

both dead stock

The Skyline pulled the Gen3 out the Monaro's arse

and I loved every word of it.

Maybe Skylinekiller should go read that article.

and non of the holden or v8 supporters have answered my question about why do v8s need a 5.7L car with that much engine power to get a car to perform the same as a 2.6L car with 1/2 the power and its 10 years older.

Thats easy, because GM can use light utility/truck engine as the basis of a performance engine to get cheap, reliable/durable performance. Throw in some alloy casting and the thing actually doesnt hurt sitting up the front of a sports car/sedan.

The V8 saves the hassle and complexity of turbocharges adding weight and heat, extra cooling / packaging requirements, adding to service intervals of the car etc etc.

And as for fuel economy etc etc. Think about it, if you put your boot into either, they both suck gas. Power is a result of flow thru the engine, and in turn the more power you make the more air you consume and accordingly the more fuel you need to use.

If you want to compare sports car to sports car, not sports sedan, compare the performance to a Corvette, an Ultima, a Robnell Cobra a TVR Cerbera. Lotus Espirit GT or another V8 powered Coupe/Sports car.:rofl: ...You start to realise that V8 powered sports cars are an expensive breed, even 2nd hand with the exception perhaps of a 928GTS

I cant believe this thread is still going...a think some Nissan drivers have blinkers just as big as Holden drivers:(

..and credit to Nissan the R32 GTR, they out foxed everyone in the old Grp A days. Holden were homolgating an ordinary sedan, Ford a shopping trolley, BMW a mass production rwd NA 4cylinder and Nissan go and BUILD a twin turbo, 4WD car from scratch to make the most of the rules and the class. They did the best job, but they did it with a blank canvas that was the R32 series, everyone else was throwing fibregalss and turbos/throttle bodies at road cars.

If you look at the job Nissan was doing with the DR30 and the R31 in the GrpA days, it just highlights the huge leap they took with the R32:thumbsup:

Thsi debate always ends in arguments, lol, i think thats why they are started, its as bad as talkign about who's girlfriend is better looking:)

k-hole you sure you aint the reincarnation of skylinekiller or a buddy of sidewndr who have all joined on Feb 2005 just to have a look at how wrong all your comparison posts are.

all i'm saying is that this is a gimmick and its pretty funny

people like Roy have made some good posts so its not all a loss

why does nissan need 2.6L and mazda only need 1.3L then

just curious, ur arguing a point that makes u look even worse.

if you put a 1.3l next to a 2.6l and debate it all you like,

but then if i put the 1.3l mazda next to a 5l+ engine and compare the two it would make you look worse off, so you were better of not replying to anything

besides thats like comapring apples with oranges, pointless