SAU Community

Wooo!, FMIC Time

Terminal

My Intercooler arrived today, hooray!

No time for the install today, been having turbo timer/alarm problems. hopefully tomorrow, and i'll get pics up of the whole effort.

Just so people know, it's a specific Stagea E-WGNC34 kit from Greddy, but has Trust on the box too. It's got a return pipe, so uses stock intercooler piping which means no cutting into chassis for me. Looks really simple to install, but i'll find out tomorrow.

Core size is 600 x 250 x 76mm

Hey guys, i finished installing my FMIC today. Now, i haven't figured out how to post the pictures into the post, so i've just uploaded them.

Basically, i pulled the entire front bar, plus bumper support off after raising the car. The kit said the old transmission cooler had to be moved, so i relocated the transmission cooler with the parts that came in the kit to in front of the washer bottle. the old intercooler was a pain in the arse to get out, probably because it had been there for 9 years. Taking out the coolant bottle helped a lot.

After that, i had to cut a piece out of the bumper support, which i just used my jigsaw. i broke 2 blades doing this however. A fair amount had to be cut out of my front bar as well, but i forgot to get photo's of that.

The FMIC was a bit of a tight fit, but after a bit of fiddling it all bolted in nicely. A sensor at the front had to be bent out of the way and one of my horns was relocated.

The piping went in without a hitch, perfect fit, not worries.

After cutting a bit more out of the front bar, because i'd missjudged, it all went back nicely together. the FMIC is still very subtle behind the front bar, and you can hardly see it at all unless you were looking for it.

All in all, i'd give the GReddy Stagea FMIC Kit 8/10, it was all in japanese, and some pictures weren't too clear one what exactly was being done.

After that, i had to cut a piece out of the bumper support, which i just used my jigsaw. i broke 2 blades doing this however. A fair amount had to be cut out of my front bar as well, but i forgot to get photo's of that.

You only broke two blades? How many knuckles? :( That looks like some pretty serious cutting for a kit that just 'bolts in' - good effort, looks like a good job!

It does pull a little harder now. I hadn't driven it until i'd posted those photo's up. once i gave it a bit, and did a high speed drive (100kph) i noticed it did take off a bit better. the lag in 2nd seemed less noticable. it's not a massive power upgrade, but it's a good start. all i need now is a CAI box to make it complete

Great stuff there!

Im not a big fan of the pipe running under the intercooler, but I guess it would be no different witht he rb25 as the bloody inlet manifold runs back over the motor anyways so it saves it going through the engine bay.

Im keen to see the power difference from this, how much boost are you running?

Yeah i'm getting more power at higher speed, well that's what it feels like.

and the clear front indicators came with the car, sorry mate, can't help you there. Same with the grill and eyelids. all part of the bargain i got :)