SAU Community

Manual conversion checklist

PranK

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, sick mate.

Considering the fact that the S1/S2 differences are just engine an lights, i am 99% sure S2 stuff would fit.

Lower prices could be due to the fact that S2s are more new.

Id be in for $1000 100% mate. Its a bargain TBH.

Maybe if we buy 2-3 sets (I know brad would want one too) we can get a furthur discount.

That would be handy, yes indeed it would.

We may find though that the size is the same, but the mounting points could be different?

I am willing to take my console off (i would say a 10 minute job) and check the numbers on the inside etc.

Ian, PM me about anything this weekend.

The mounting brackets for the console are the same, maybe the brackets could be in different positions, but i'd nearly bet money that they would be exactly the same.

It's worth checking though.

Once terminal confirms if the front ashtray from a series 1 fits a series 2, i'll be ready to order.

It mentions possibly waiving the credit card surcharge for volume buys or group buys.

I'm not sure how we'd go about this though from an overseas supplier.

I'll see what they say and let ya's know.

Booked the car in for Monday 13th Feb FOR MY MANAUAL CONVERSION!

Secured a R32 GTR gearbox/transfer case and shifter from Just Jap. It will be sent down the week prior.

At the same time i have got the pedal set, handbrake, Z32, PFC, fuel pump, r33 gtst harness plug for ecu all going in.

Once done, i will let everyone know all the costs etc, the interior is my next priority. I am going to do a conservative street tune for 10psi once the manual is done, so maybe around 180awkw until i rebuild the turbo and get some injectors, then the sucker is close to being done in the engine bay.

Then LSD/wheels/brakes and i am finished. :)

I hope you get a Manual conversion, not a MANAUAL one, that could be embarrassing.

Hope it goes well, let everyone know who's at the point of kicking their laggy auto box out the door

I was excited when typing, i just got off the phone :P

On another note, might be selling my auto box to a GTR owner :) He wants an auto box to drag with, so he is thinking to rebuild it. Otherwise, if anyone here wants to buy it, offer me a price :)

Its been a damn long wait, will be worth it. Cant wait for gear chirping gear changes!

f**k, ok well, there are some issues!

I spoke to Steve and here is what is the go

- R33 GTST pedals are no good, you need to have the Autech ones. GTST wont bolt in

- R33 GTST master is no good, need to have the GTR one to suit the Autech pedals as the rod is shorter.

- R33 GTST handbrake is good to use, need all the mounting brackets etc

- Not too sure on suitability of GTR boxes as he said the GTR has 4.11 ratios and he uses GTS4 boxes which have the stagea 4.3 diff ratios (I dont know what that says about the guys using GTR boxes in their cars?)

All in all, he said with four days labour and $6000 he could supply and fit all the parts needed for a drive in drive out conversion.

He wants me to call back on the weekend to get prices for the parts alone, as i would prefer to get someone to do the conversion for me here.

Sounds like a briliant guy.

Also, stock rear wing is $150 + shipping, he might have one in white too. He says he has almost one in every colour so i think ill grab one of those too while i am at it.

So, operation is back on hold for now, Ill speak to him more on the weekend and let everyone know what the outcome it.

-

You know what, ive thought about this.

I dont think its worth to convert a stagea to manual. The more and more i think about it, if its 6000 drive in drive out.

6000 + the power fc 1000 is 7000$

7000$ is a LOT of money.

Thats my wheels, tyres , brakes, turbo, ALL that there. There is no way that a stagea will keep anywhere close to that value either. Rebuilding the auto wont be any more then 1000.

Maybe I should sell up and buy a S2 auto, tiptronic and then rebuild the box. The one at cannington is 19,900....

Ill have to do some serious thinking about this over the next few days

I have GTR pedal assembly and GTR master, all works fine for me :P

Yeah Gary (who was the previous owner) has recipts for just under $49k for everything, the stagea, all the mods and the manual conversion.

I bought it for $25k, so it mucht be wise to look for a RS Four S?

You forgot to tune the Power Fc $500-700

You could get a manual series 2 for $20,000 landed and complied

1-2 weeks ago a "rough" black 260rs sold for in Japan for a landed and complied price of $22000

( do not know if it would passed SEVS)

To be honest, i think ive convinced my self to

1 keep the auto and

2 keep my car

Here is why TO keep the auto/car

- I am getting a 600$ towbar...auto would be better (so i think?)

- Rebuilding the auto will be $500 and it will shift quick and hard, stall converter for harder lauches

- 7000, thats a lot of money. I can still tune the car for my power level with the auto in there

- If i dont do trans, i can get my wheels/tyres/AP racing brakes/turbo

- It wont keep value for shit. You cant remove a manual conversion when selling the car either, so its LOST LOST money. Can remove brakes, wheels, turbo, FMIC, exhaust etc.

- I cant afford to be without a car for a long time, so modding the auto would be suitable. Cant afford to sell and wait to import a car, dont have spare cash to buy a 2nd stag while i sell mine

- I like my car, i LOVE my car. I dont want another car.

In the end, the 7grand a save on my auto i can use on buying a car trailer, and a car to put on it. Like an R32 GTST like gary or a silvia made for the track or something similar.

I will most likely be catching up with Steve over week-end and will hopefully have a look at  what he has got

Will let know and get some prices for things

Have a chat to him about that 260rs bodykit for me Darrin :P

I've looked into doing a group buy for the console bits and unfortunately we cant get any discount because the parts aren't listed on their site, also they can only send the package to one address.

So i think it will be easier if i list the part numbers and the contact details so guys can purchase the parts themselves.

Part Numbers:

96911-0V800 Body-Console

96920-0V800 Lid-Console Box

68430-0V800 Holder Assy-Cup

96935-0V800 Boot-Console

96965-AA001 Holder Assy-Cup

These items are for a Z interior, which is black with the grey roof and rear trim.

The rear ashtray is the same throughout the models

The front ashtray is a slightly different colour so heres the part number to match the RS4S console.

68800-0V700

The contact email is [email protected]

Web address is www.japanparts.com.

Just send them an email requesting a quote with desired shipping method, and they will give you a total price.

They are very helpful, and will answer any questions you may have.

Edited by beastien

I think the best idea for a manual conversion would be to get the specific parts needed from a series 2 RS4S.

I can confirm that the Clutch master cylinder for the RS4S is the same as an R34 skyline, The brake pedal assy is the same as an R33 skyline,

The only specific parts i've found are the clutch pedal assy which looks to be stagea specific and the handbrake assy, but someone said that a R33 handbrake does fit.

I compared the internals from the stagea manual tranny and found them to be the same in R33's and R34's so i dont think it would matter what box you use, i think the only difference would be the diff ratio, which i don't think would make a huge difference.

Any specific parts wouldn't be that expensive through japanparts from what i've seen with the console prices. I will price them soon and let ya's know what we're lookin at