SAU Community

Manual conversion checklist

PranK

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day Christian,

Cool to see another person doing the manual conversion. Be sure to write down all the parts (and rough $$) :(

Yeah, I think they were push up until late 93 and 94, then they went to pull. BUt itn't it the R33 GTR box that you need? Or are the R32 and R33 GTR boxes the same ?

Anyone else confirm.

J

I'd really like to know which AWD manual box is suitable. Has anyone successfully used an R32 box? When you're talking about Push/Pull, you're refering to the clutch, and afaik the R34 GT-R has a "pull" type clutch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

gary you mentioned that it was bit tricky to get the power fc set up. can you explain what you had to do to get it set up. did you wire it into the auto ecu? or did you use a manual ecu from a gtst or a gts-4. also did you need to cut into the firewall to fit the clutch master or did it fit ok with the rb25. did you cut up your console or source a 260rs or series 2 console from somewhere?

a few pics would be cool too if you get a chance.

everything that went into my car was genuine rs 260. Modification of the firewall was still needed as this is different between the auto's and the manual. I dont know exactly why nissan do it but they do. All the centre console was genuine rs 260 and was fairly easy to get out of japan, it took about 10 days.

I have now sold the car to another forum member and he picks the car up on tuesday i think so you will be able to get all the pickies you want as i am sure he will post a hell of a lot, he loves the car and i am glad to see it go to a good home.

Cheers

Gary

good info gary thanks cant wait to see the pics from the new owner

also another question about the ecu does anyone know if you would be better off using an r34gtt or awd rb25 ecu as the sensors for the stagea are the same or is it just a matter of the things like climate control and dash electrics and so forth being different?

• 2 weeks later...

Gary, do you have a rough cost on all the parts out of japan for this conversion.

I want to do my conversion maybe around christmas this year, but i want to source all the parts and then get someone to do the labour.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
good info gary thanks cant wait to see the pics from the new owner

also another question about the ecu does anyone know if you would be better off using an r34gtt or awd rb25 ecu as the sensors for the stagea are the same or is it just a matter of the things like climate control and dash electrics and so forth being different?

OK I'm the new owner of Gary's beast, I dont mind taking pics, I'll borrow digital camera for the weekend and go crazy, so what pics do you want?

And I am by no means a mechanic so just tell me where you want the camera pointed at in small words a four year old could understand and I'll do my best :(

Oh and going from a fairly modded r33 (~180rwkw) to this beast (??awkw) was the best decision i ever made, the stagea has a lot more grunt running on about the same boost, and handles a lot better, mainly due to the stagea having proper suspension setup, shocks and springs and the old r33 had stock suspension.

Yeah ummmm I am not too keen to start ripping off the surronds, mainly because I only see the car on the weekends atm, and dont want to ripp it all off and not be able to get it back on, yes it is possible for me to be that unco :unsure:

No way it is going up on a hoist as I do not know anyone close by that would put it up for me.

I do understand that pics of the surround are goign to be useless though so we'll see what I can do, I'll try to get some pics of underneath the car, but dont know what I am really looking for though, so I'll just go crazy and take as many as I can ;)