SAU Community

rs4 v prices

tang0

Lo all ...

possibly thinking of getting a stagea in the comming months, need a car with more boot space and passenger space, the r33 just cant cut it ....

anyway, i cant stand autos, just somthing personal to me, so would be looking for a manual version, i know they are limited, or manual conversion ...

so, the questions is how much should i be looking to pay for a '97 (ish) rs4 v manual V a manual conversion ...

thanks for any input ...

Lo all ...

so, the questions is how much should i be looking to pay for a '97 (ish) rs4 v manual V a manual conversion ...

thanks for any input ...

97 Stageas (series 1) didnt come with the option of a manual transmission - straight auto only - so conversion is your only go there - check the manual conversion stickied thread for info on that.

However for a Series 2 (10/98 onwards) tiptronic Stagea your looking at mid 20 thou to 30 thou depending on years and kms and condition. A manual series 2 seems from auction prices to have about a $3-4000 premium on tiptronics - if you can find one that is.

:rant:

Hi

Not trying to be picky but I am looking at exactly the same thing.... From the research I have done I thought that the Stagea RS4 'V' spec was an auto and the Stagea RS4 'S' Spec was the manual???

Brazen was nice enough to give me a ride in his stagea and I loved it.... Almost exactly what I want.... if it was manual it would have been my perfect car :)

Yep - as my post said - series 2 has a manual option, but not series 1... if dollars is a factor - then the cheapest way into a manual stag is definitely a series 1 with a manual conversion - coz you not only save the $3000 premium over the tiptronics that appears on manual series 2's, but about $5-$7000 on the difference between a series 1 and a 98 series 2 auto...

The real price difference is, for instance (car yard prices):

Series 2 RS Four S (manual) = $32,000 (or thereabouts)

Series 1 ($20,000) + conversion = $23,000

So yeah - even cheaper if you import yourself - saw on geoff risbeys emails this week a Sereis 1 Stag for $16,000 landed and complied!

But if no ultra-strict budget - then find a sereis 2 manual and go for it! I actually want tiptronic so was no drama for me - and if you've got moderate $ then i cant recommend the Neo6 series 2 enough - love mine!! :)

:P

Lo all ...

possibly thinking of getting a stagea in the comming months, need a car with more boot space and passenger space, the r33 just cant cut it ......

You gunna swap the bits over from the GTST? :)

PS; PM me if you want to have a drive of ours.

yeah, would be taking the gtst back to stock as much as poss for the sale .... i have pretty much all teh stock parts laying around ....

still making my mind up about one at teh moment ... trying to persuade the wife to get a 4x4, which i think she has made her mind up to get one now, if she gets one, then will have no need to swap mine for a more sensible shaped car ... woohoo

just that my wife is pretty short, and i have visions of her looking like a pea in a whistle driving a huge land cruiser or similar ...

(chuckles)

thanks for the offer SK, will let you know !

Baz