SAU Community

CHEAP tyres needed - advise me!

Hi guys,

Firstly, to fend off the impending tirade: No, these are not for my GTR!

I also have a UZZ32 Soarer and unfortunately it's tyres are past their use by. Now, as this car is primarily driven by my girlfriend, does no performance work and does lots of kays, it needs something that is cheap, will not wear too fast, and has reasonable performance in the wet. I'm not too worried about dry weather traction as the car makes f#$k all power, and has good traction control and ABS. in the wet however once you get the tail out, it's a big heavy car and just keeps on sliding...

So with all these criteria in mind what are the suggestions? don't want to go over $200 a tyre (prefer less even) size is 235/45/17 from memory.

thanks guys.

a mate of mine has these tyres on his gtrs equipped 180sx, they have awesome life, it smokes them if you punch it 2nd and through 3rd, but in 7 months they have hardly worn, compared to my pirellis which are dead within 4 months.

awesome drift tyre i thinks.

cheers

Linton

Hankook Ventus Sport k104's - they should be under $200/tyre i think, around the $175-$180 mark?

A mate of mine also has these tyres on his XR6T - he seems to think they give good level of performance for the price (he also used to work for Beaurepairs, so I guess he'd should have a good idea when it comes to tyres).

ok, thanks guys. Only thing is in that thread i notice they quote the price as $250 each for the fronts and $280 each for the rears. More than what I want to pay for the barge. Bear in mind, this car does ZERO performance work (that's what the GTR is for).

Surely there must be something that has reasonable dry weather traction, good wet traction and good wear for ~$150-$180 per corner in 235/17?

Only thing is in that thread i notice they quote the price as $250 each for the fronts and $280 each for the rears. More than what I want to pay for the barge. Bear in mind, this car does ZERO performance work (that's what the GTR is for).

Surely there must be something that has reasonable dry weather traction, good wet traction and good wear for ~$150-$180 per corner in 235/17?

Not sure why they were quoted as being so much in the post you're referring to as I know my mate paid less than $200 for his k104's on 18' wheels

Also, take a look at Jay95R33's post further down the thread :)

235/45/17's for $175 a corner :(

I got quoted $190 a tyre for 235/40/17 or whatever, and that was the first place i've been to. Im sure i can get them for cheaper if i keep looking.

in the end I bought some Falken Ziex something or others. 235/45/17 for $150 per corner from Tempe Tyres. they are miles cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

yeah thats what i was going to suggest they are falken 326's (Ziex) they are cheap and nasty :D

but at least they are japanese made.

Don't buy the Falken Ziex ZE326!! They are the worst tyre I have ever used. It's an entry level tyre and very average and it truly sucks in the rain. Absolutely no traction at all, and to think that I paid $200 each!! :cheers: