SAU Community

For sale GTS4

Any one after a nice, automatic GTS4 coupe? I have one in the rare dark blue. 1989 R32, freshly imported with full rego (unlike the race import someone is trying desperately to sell in Launceston - telling punters it can be registered!) 89000km with 6 months rego. I'm looking for around $14000, but this is a zero rust car, as opposed to all the junkers that are coming in now that the end of the 15 year rule is nigh. Car is in Launceston but will travel for a serious looker.

btw, this is the 5spd manual, not the 4spd Auto?

*edit: Also, these have an electronically controlled 4WD system... how does that work..?

No this is the automatic. I have driven both manuals & autos before, the auto is super smooth and great as an everyday driver. 3 different shift modes, try it out and you may well be suprised at how nice it is!

My limited understanding is that it's an 'on demand' 4wd system with some sort of G force sensor that tells the car when 4wd may be needed. Presumably there'd also be some sort ofsystem that applies 4wd if one of the driving wheels loses traction too. Of course I say 'limited understanding' and don't profess to be an expert, hopefully someone will either correct me and/or provide an accurate description of how it works. Other posts I've read say it's the same system as the GTR.

Stock except for a 3 inch Apexi exhaust with big end can and 4 inch tip. Tyres have a lot of life left (unlike most recent imports), balance of 6 months rego, Xenon gas driving lights, dark blue, zero rust (again unlike a lot of imports), the spare has never been used, and when I lifted it out of the boot it looked as though it had never even been moved in 16 years!