SAU Community

Airbags?

hey all i am considering installing airbag suspension into my R32 gts-t and i just wanted some opinions or ideas on the subject...

i don't plan to do any drifting or anything like that so i won't have to worry about stiffness or body roll etc.

I just though i would be different and unique to see a skyline laying its doors on the ground and dragging chassis up the highway uhhuh.gif

something like this wink.gif

12969mine3.jpg

hey all i am considering installing airbag suspension into my R32 gts-t and i just wanted some opinions or ideas on the subject...

i don't plan to do any drifting or anything like that so i won't have to worry about stiffness or body roll etc.

I just though i would be different and unique to see a skyline laying its doors on the ground and dragging chassis up the highway

well for a start you wont be able to "drag" any chassis up the freeway at all.

Airbags have a set ride height that must be followed otherwise you damages the whole setup.

Yeah, you see them morons on chaps doing it. Simply, their systems wont last long... Thats costly repairs they dont think about cause mumma pays for it all.

You can move it around in a stationary position without a drama.

How long for depends on tank size, and tank pressure.

You also need the compressors etc. determining how long its on for too fill a tank.

dj984 - yeah each to their own that's what i reckon!!

boostn247 - R31 on bags? DO IT!!

r32nismoid - first of all are you just talking about airbag setups in cars or airbag setups in general?

well for a start you wont be able to "drag" any chassis up the freeway at all.

you can get anything to lay out you just have to setup it up right.

Airbags have a set ride height that must be followed otherwise you damages the whole setup.

Yeah, you see them morons on chaps doing it. Simply, their systems wont last long... Thats costly repairs they dont think about cause mumma pays for it all.

i don't see how i would damage the whole setup by draggin'. what are chaps?

You can move it around in a stationary position without a drama.

How long for depends on tank size, and tank pressure.

You also need the compressors etc. determining how long its on for too fill a tank.

you would be able to drop/raise it anytime as long as there's enough air in the tank... even at 100km/h

dj984 - yeah each to their own that's what i reckon!!

boostn247 - R31 on bags? DO IT!!

r32nismoid - first of all are you just talking about airbag setups in cars or airbag setups in general?

you can get anything to lay out you just have to setup it up right.

i don't see how i would damage the whole setup by draggin'. what are chaps?

you would be able to drop/raise it anytime as long as there's enough air in the tank... even at 100km/h

dude, possibly you think of hyrdalics?

Or maybe airbags in something like a hilux which has its rear end purposefully chopped too allow things... which is something different.

With those you can get em dragging if you choose.

With a sky it'll cost you half an a$$hole too do it.

And im not talking 2-3k either

um ash, they sell bag setups which work these days with coilovers and even standard skyline struts. However there's no premade "kits" as such, you just have to choose your products carefully. Airpro which has a branch in japan supplied an R33 with a bag kit that I read of in a mag... so I guess it can't be that bad.

A full airbag system should cost you no more than $2000 USD plus installation. How complex you want the setup to be (pancake systems being the most exy and the simple up down systems the least exy) determines your cost at the end of the day.

I'd say airbag tech has advanced far enough that its good enough for use in daily driven sports cars... probably not the best for track use though. check out www.airliftcompany.com one of the companies that brought the products into the mainstream.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's right funkymonkey and thanks for the site. I'll most likely get a kit from www.airide.com.au as they make bags to fit lots of different vehicles and they are a very high quality manufacturer. I don't know if i want to do a bolt on job or do a full bridge and 4-link setup with a monster notch and big tubs etc, OR forget the bags and find a suitable air strut kit, which is probably what i will go for.

With a sky it'll cost you half an a$$hole too do it.

And im not talking 2-3k either

Have you heard of "built not bought"? Most custom mods can be done in a shed and i have seen some very impressive fabrication work on showcars/minitrucks that they have done by the owners themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

personally id never bag a skyline.....just think it'd look wrong. also i had a mate that ended up bagg'n his car ( 93' hyundai s-coupe ) he cops a flogg'n off most ppl for it but when he got them the guy that wrote him out the quote f*#@d it up and he ended up gettin the full system fitted, including custom struts and PS1 controller for da controls for $2400........a few weeks after it all he found out the guys that quoted him was fired...hehe, funny story i thought.

haha that's dodgy as but i guess it was his fault and got fired for it! did he have to pay for the complete setup or just what he wanted? i personally wouldn't put a hyundai on air but i guess when it comes to modifications it's all about personal preference! i am into the minitruckin scene and sum truckers i know have friends with civics and other imports and non-trucks that have been bagged, shaved and shit like that and i reckon it looks clean as! for example x1pxOYwqu4SjF6J26trKpbVBHYT4NETT7BczHDdweM5w-K1EoFNOE6OAB46Z4EuOtcH3ECmap7xXgbI27vIIid3shJj5SpnEj1V_QovS65sQ6IHcKiOP54GxQ

x1pxOYwqu4SjF6J26trKpbVBHYT4NETT7BczHDdweM5w-IGBbeZhf3NfzQ1HUagk644rbenfFlX9Y59IHI4IqW1gkM3hH9PyupQ355XC7uGSR4Ja7sUnPxVOg

:Pimp:smooth as!