SAU Community

New owner

sy300

Hi to every other Stagea owner. I'm new to this whole station wagon thing. I had to sell my '92 300ZX and get a more family car, for my new family. I looked around and saw that every man and his dog owns a Subaru, Mitsubishi Legnums seemed dodgy after that recall for brake failures and every thing else was too small. So I did a bit of research, and discovered Nissan Stagea's!

I finally bought a '98 RS4 with auto, and have a couple of things that need clearing up about it.

1. I read that the '98 on have 206kW, but then also read that only the tip-tronic and manual have that much. I also thought that the tip-tronic didn't come until '99. I test drove a '97 before I bought my '98, and it seemed less powerful. So, does my '98 have 206 or 173kW?

2. Are there any other simple ways to free up a bit more power? I have already done the hoses off the wastegate solenoid.

I am enjoying driving my Stagea at the moment, I like the fact that it just looks like a boring family wagon and surprises a few people at the lights.

Hi to every other Stagea owner. I'm new to this whole station wagon thing. I had to sell my '92 300ZX and get a more family car, for my new family. I looked around and saw that every man and his dog owns a Subaru, Mitsubishi Legnums seemed dodgy after that recall for brake failures and every thing else was too small. So I did a bit of research, and discovered Nissan Stagea's!

I finally bought a '98 RS4 with auto, and have a couple of things that need clearing up about it.

1. I read that the '98 on have 206kW, but then also read that only the tip-tronic and manual have that much. I also thought that the tip-tronic didn't come until '99. I test drove a '97 before I bought my '98, and it seemed less powerful. So, does my '98 have 206 or 173kW?

2. Are there any other simple ways to free up a bit more power? I have already done the hoses off the wastegate solenoid.

I am enjoying driving my Stagea at the moment, I like the fact that it just looks like a boring family wagon and surprises a few people at the lights.

Welcome to the ever expanding family of Stageas owners..........

1. Open the bonnet and take a look, if it says "Neo" on the big plastic engine cover it's 206 kw. If it doesn't have a big plastic engine cover with Neo on it, it's 173 kw.

2. have a read of the "Jaycar DFA and IEBC" thread it will answer most of your questions.

:cheers: