SAU Community

just to clear up a few things!!!

Guest two.06l

Hi Paul,

Just to clear up a few things!!

Why was the car taken to two different workshop's to have basic mechanical and electrical items fitted over the obvious extensive experence at DIRT in the first place ?

Howed you work out the 50hp loss from the first workshops work with the cam gears ? was it power ran before and after on site ? did the torque curve improve at all as a result of this loss?

And do you have any further info about these workshops as it could be handy as i use a workshop in newcastle for my R32GTR ?

Are you using HKS exhaust manifolds ? if so did you buy them new and if you did buy the new have you "touched" them up with a die grinder at all, did you have them coated if so what with ?

Are you using HKS exhaust manifolds ? if so did you buy them new and if you did buy the new have you "touched" them up with a die grinder at all, did you have them coated if so what with ?

The HKS manifolds come blended, about the only thing you might need to grind is port matching... but they are already generously sized, similar to the exhaust gaskets. But please sir no more talk of touching as Micheal Jackson is lurking in the thread somewhere.

Guest two.06l
Hi Paul,

Just to clear up a few things!!

Why was the car taken to two different workshop's to have basic mechanical and electrical items fitted over the obvious extensive experence at DIRT in the first place ?

Howed you work out the 50hp loss from the first workshops work with the cam gears ? was it power ran before and after on site ? did the torque curve improve at all as a result of this loss?

And do you have any further info about these workshops as it could be handy as i use a workshop in newcastle for my R32GTR ?

The cam gears were bought there and fitting was offered at a good price ( why bother with such a basic mechanical installation when you can pay little money for someone else to get their hands dirty).....the AVC-R was fitted by myself and the other workshop was doing the tuning.

Before and after dyno runs were carried out and ill post them here for all to see.

HKS manifolds were port-matched when i assembled the engine.

Guest two.06l
The cam gears were bought there and fitting was offered at a good price ( why bother with such a basic mechanical installation when you can pay little money for someone else to get their hands dirty).....the AVC-R was fitted by myself and the other workshop was doing the tuning.

Before and after dyno runs were carried out and ill post them here for all to see.

HKS manifolds were port-matched when i assembled the engine.

cam_gear_comparison.JPG

the blue line is std cam timing

the green line is "MR GTR's" setting

the red line is our setting

pls ignore the overlapping runs (red over pink)...3rd gear

I know which car i'd rather drive....

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting the dyno sheet.

Just looking at the sheet, the only real difference i can see between the two power runs is that the one that makes more power (blue line) is a dyno queens power curve as the "MR GTR's" (green line) has a far more linear power delivery which would to me represent a more "real world" performance gain.

Just a couple more things!

i wonder what is your definition of "built by myself"?

Did you personally port, polish, surface grind and seat the valves on the head which is being used on the current engine? And did "you" balance the crank ?

Guest two.06l
Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting the dyno sheet.

Just looking at the sheet, the only real difference i can see between the two power runs is that the one that makes more power (blue line) is a dyno queens power curve as the "MR GTR's" (green line) has a far more linear power delivery which would to me represent a more "real world" performance gain.

Just a couple more things!

i wonder what is your definition of "built by myself"?

Did you personally port, polish, surface grind and seat the valves on the head which is being used on the current engine? And did "you" balance the crank ?

the blue line is standard cam timing you wanker!

did you bother to look at the torque curve???

if you think that the green line is more linear than the red line(my setting) you are more stupid than i first gave you credit for!

Ha ha ha ha :rofl:

Yes Paul it is true that i can not read dyno sheets ! Credit to your (red line) power curve.

Another thing i can't understand is why you don't answer all my questions ?

So here's 3 more for ya,

1. Did you buy the exhuast manifolds that are on your car and 2530's from that workshop that fitted your cam gears ?

2. Is the SDT on the dyno sheet an abbreviation of the name of the workshop ?

3. Is it the same workshop that fitted the gears ?

Guest two.06l
I thought SDT was a general abbreviation for:

Stupid Derelict Tuner

Adrian

spot on mate...how'd ya guess

see ya saturday....ill bring ya fuel....can you see if you can bring mine...Steve's "its all about me" Speed Shop