SAU Community

BOV Overfuelling Problem Fixed

G'day guys,

Came up with an idea that I have tested and works.

For all you people who have externally vented BOV it will stop your over fuelling and stalling.

What I did was run both the stock and an aftermarket BOV. I found that the aftermarket BOV was not venting as the stock valve was letting all of the air out before it reached the aftermarket one.

To alleviate this problem I placed a thin metal plate of the mounting for the original BOV (whre gasket is), then I drilled a drilled holes in the plate so it would limit the air going through the stock valve. This inturn let the stock valve vent under low boost back to the intake to stop the engine over fuelling. But when you hit full boost the aftermarket blows out a majority of the whilst the stock valve only lets out a small amount of pressure.

And if you call now, you will receive 2 packets of 2 minute noodles free!!!!!!

Thought this would help.

Doc

Ya!! you champ man!!

good job, can't wait to try it on, by the way where you get the thin metal to place in the gasket place? and how big you drill the hole? 1/8" or ?

thanks!

BTW, where is my noodles? ;)

Originally posted by Doctor

G'day guys,  

Came up with an idea that I have tested and works.  

For all you people who have externally vented BOV it will stop your over fuelling and stalling.  

What I did was run both the stock and an aftermarket BOV. I found that the aftermarket BOV was not venting as the stock valve was letting all of the air out before it reached the aftermarket one.  

To alleviate this problem I placed a thin metal plate of the mounting for the original BOV (whre gasket is), then I drilled a drilled holes in the plate so it would limit the air going through the stock valve. This inturn let the stock valve vent under low boost back to the intake to stop the engine over fuelling. But when you hit full boost the aftermarket blows out a majority of the whilst the stock valve only lets out a small amount of pressure.  

And if you call now, you will receive 2 packets of 2 minute noodles free!!!!!!  

Thought this would help.  

Doc

I pulled the peice of aluminium of a old camera that I was going to throw out. I drilled a hole with a size 12 dowel drill bit.

I am thinking of even going to a size 10 to see how it goes. Go samll and make the hole larger for your needs.

Doc

Guest DAZSPC

Just curious, but say you still have the stock BOV fitted and want to 'upgrade' Would it not be a good idea to shop around for a Hybrid kind BOV that vents both to Atmo and internally? You may not get as loud a "Pssssht" sound I suppose, but wouldn't that contribute to eliminating the mixture issue?

Also, would a SAFC correct the issue if you had a pure atmo BOV?

Originally posted by DAZSPC

Just curious, but say you still have the stock BOV fitted and want to 'upgrade' Would it not be a good idea to shop around for a Hybrid kind BOV that vents both to Atmo and internally?  You may not get as loud a "Pssssht" sound I suppose, but wouldn't that contribute to eliminating the mixture issue?

Also, would a SAFC correct the issue if you had a pure atmo BOV?

yes, an aftermarket computer will fix the iddle problem; such as S-AFC (even the early model AFC will do the job), Power FC. or you even can spend some money on iddle stablizer (not expensive though..), depands which way you want to go consider the $$ issue.

yes, you can get the hybrid of BOV, but chance is you don't like the sound, i.e. I like the sound comes from Blitz BOV, so I will try to have it installed and try to have stable iddle. btw, don't you know the blitz BOV will increasing 10rwkw? just j/k :mad:

This is basically for a mod for people who have externally vented BOV and have the shits all the time with bad idle, stalling, flame throwing etc. If you have a aftermarket plumbback no need the do this.

Beleive me, this works or not if you like stalling:D

Doc