SAU Community

Go fast central!

OZ GTR35

8litres of oil!! sh1t. maybe is a 4 cylinder and the other two bores are for oil storage...

seriously though, why so much capacity and why does it gets so hot. even when pounding my GTR round the track with the oil cooler and a measly ~6litre system capacity it only gets to around 90degrees. water temp gets to ~82.

does it have a big arse sump?

Install an oil cooler Kabab.

There's your answer. Oil cooler makes a big difference in oil temps.

There's a fair bit of difference between your engine and Kabab's engine :P I don't think they're really comparable. The difference in heat that an RB26 generates between 230awkw/250rwkw (yours) and 320awkw (kabab's) is MASSIVE.

There's no cooling problem, other than the need for an oil cooler. It's a well known fact that RB26 heads have a major problem with heat dissipation. Just ask Mario, he knows all about it :);) ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trust sump extension lifts the capacity to around 8L if im not mistaken?

Jim was filling it with about 7.5 Litres of Castrol Formula R 10W-60 if I remember correctly.

John quoted me for 8L :squint:

He charged me for 2x 5L bottles of Castrol, and gave me the remainder of the oil from the second bottle that he didn't use. I think I still may have some left over in the garage somewhere...

Castrol Forumla R 10w60 is what they use in all their big HP engines, including Mario's sh1tbucket, so I deemed it adequate for the purple di1do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi i do buy a aftermarket headlight on ebay. For v35 skyline coupe. I know that its a plug and play and just use the old low beam light and balast from old headlight. But my problem is i dnt have knowlage on car and electrical thing. And the head light getnon ebay is the wire for halo ring light is not connected. I talk to the seller and he said that. What white and black wire for halo robg light is need to connect to RDL. Running day light. Anyone here can tell me how to connect it to Rdl? Which wire is yhe RDL?
    • Hey Kaz, Unfortunately I am not at home currently and wont be for a few more months so I do not have access to my files or CAD. And at this point I prefer to keep the files to myself as I want to potentially make a few more pairs and see if they will sell within the EU before openly marketing them. But the way it's shaped and how small it is, I don't think you can fit both an indicator and a fog light onto the same surround, unless they were very small LED-type clusters.
    • I’ve just installed a Uniclutch sport into my R32. I’ve been blown away by it… it drives like a stock Toyota Corolla. It doesn’t make sense to me that a performance clutch can drive this well. I was about to pull the trigger on a Nismo Coppermix twin plate when I discovered the Uniclutch and decided to give that a shot instead. They’ve changed the game and I couldn’t be happier.    I was previously using an Extreme cushioned button clutch with lightened flywheel. I’m still using the same lightened flywheel with the Uniclutch.
    • Mmmm no, that's a white series 2 R33 GTS-t
    • Oh and.... "no bubble on the dash" ---> immediate no mod status.