SAU Community

Upgrade or Downgrade

Hey people. I'm thinking of swopping the 'line for a silvia.

i currently have a '93 r33 gts-t. im looking at a S15 silvia spec r.

my car is old and dated.

is this an upgrade or a downgrade in vehicles?

thanks.

Get an R34....in Japan the S15 was always a lesser-spec car than the skyline. Hence the cost of the S15 turbo being less than the 25GT N/A R34 when new.

They're just overpriced here!!!

the only s15's eligible for import are ones produced between 98 - 00. i guess a 34 would be better. same dates, bigger engine, more room.

thanks for your input.

Maybe the s15 costs less because its got a smaller engine, its a smaller car and doesnt come out in a 4-door model?

The s15 responds far better to modification than an r34. S15 is a sports car, the r34 25gt or gt-t drives like a family car in comparison.

Get the Silvia :)

Once you have driven all these cars and know more about them.. you'll realise theres two options.. either a silvia or a gtr. Dont bother messing around with gts-t's unless you have kids :)

i personally would go for the s15 - they are hella sexy and handle quite well.

Also, like higlighted above, they respond much better to mods

s15 drifts better too! Definitely an upgrade

Get the S15. They are a top car for what they are. It won MOTOR Mags PCOTTY 2001 award. If space is an issue for you then don't bother going for the S15 as you won't be getting much.

Try and get the GT spec which is what I had.

I had no problems with my S15 during the 2 years I had it. The only issue I had with it was the fact that the dash scratches very easily.

Yes go onto the www.silviansw.com and ask the S15 owners what they think.

I can't agree that going from a 1993 R33 skyline to a S15 Spec R is downgrading. It's not like atticus is comparing between a 2001 R34 GTT and 2001 S15 Spec R. He's current ride is

a 93 model R33. Even though The skyline may be higher in the hierarchy, there is a huge build date and market value difference between both the cars.

Ask yourself if going from a Honda prelude 1993 model to a 2001 integra is a downgrade. Which is higher in the hierarchy?

I like either car, but they are different cars for different purposes.

Have a look at what you'd like the car to do, and see which suits better :D I personally like the skyline, but thats a combination of looks, size, taste and use.

I'd sure have an S15 NEXT to my line :D