SAU Community

R34GTT Vs XR6T!!!??!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in a xr6 turbo stock standard and wasnt too impressed...

But it did have a sweet as (premium) brake package!

Sound system was probably better than the R34s aswell, something Japanese cars dont tend to focus on lol

If it was me it wouldnt be a decision, the r34 looks sooooo much nicer and you dont see them all over the place either. If you really wanted a FAST straight line car then maybe go the xr6 turbo coz it will cost less to do low times but if u want a package then go the Skyline.. It'll always handle much better and look better. Remember the Ford is a family car and the R34 (even in 4 door form) is a sports car.

Go the Skyline :):P I know they turn my head over Xr6 turbos!

Somebody mentioned earlier on about the comparo between the XR6T and R34 GTT in Serious Peformance 7. The modified white R34 GTT driven by Ric Shaw was mine. It was ran against a 300kw XR6T owned by the president of the XR6T Forums (bunch of narrow-minded fanatics). Mine had approx 220kw at the flywheel at the time. If you listen to Warren Luff's (XR6T) comments he said he felt that the skyline was faster. It was also concluded that the skyline, which has a great deal of R&D behind it is the better choice for modifying.

As far as the comparo between the other two stock cars (gray XR6T and black four door R34 from Powerplay) the verdict was that the XR6T was the faster and better handler over all. Ric Shaw's comment was that the 34 felt like a limo with a bit more power in it.

In other words, stock for stock, the XR6T would be on top. However, I haven't met any performance car enthusiast who has not succumbed to the joys of modifying his/her toy.

Somebody mentioned earlier on about the comparo between the XR6T and R34 GTT in Serious Peformance 7. The modified white R34 GTT driven by Ric Shaw was mine. It was ran against a 300kw XR6T owned by the president of the XR6T Forums (bunch of narrow-minded fanatics). Mine had approx 220kw at the flywheel at the time. If you listen to Warren Luff's (XR6T) comments he said he felt that the skyline was faster. It was also concluded that the skyline, which has a great deal of R&D behind it is the better choice for modifying.

As far as the comparo between the other two stock cars (gray XR6T and black four door R34 from Powerplay) the verdict was that the XR6T was the faster and better handler over all. Ric Shaw's comment was that the 34 felt like a limo with a bit more power in it.

In other words, stock for stock, the XR6T would be on top. However, I haven't met any performance car enthusiast who has not succumbed to the joys of modifying his/her toy.

Toby can you provide links or articles etc which have info on these 2 comparisons?

ull prolly get the typical holden/ford fennatic argument, asif get a skyline only milk and juice should some in 2 litres!! asif buy a 4 cylinder(and yes i realise skylines are an inline 6)

actually I have found in my stays there thats the opposite for the majority . there is a lot of knowledge and respect for gtrs , evos , stis . obviously thats not everyone but thats my general impression . more than anything the most hated of all is the v8 commodore .

If you get the Ford, PLEASE don't get that blue, I'm sick of it i tells ya !

They look great in black.

..and of course, make sure you test drive both before making a decision.

and get what YOU like. (even if it is that blue..hehe)

Thought about the Toyota Chaser?? that another nice one.

Pretty much Toyota equivelant to Skyline GTT

2.5L turbo straight 6 with 206kws....4 door, tiptronic.

Guy at work has one.....noice

Although this debate may gladly rage, the Decision for me at least, has been made...........

DRUM ROLL............................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

...................................... R34 GTT is the pick!!!

Thanks greatly to FIREFROG, AFRO and the rest of the R34 and SAU Boys that came out on Saturday Night down the coast. I believe the GTT has the better overall package for me, besides it was always going to be a hard choice to betray my beloved nissans. :P Thanks to everyone who gave their input into this thread, it was very interesting to hear some of the stories people had to tell. Will post picks when I take delivery (perhaps not in this thread).

Just incase anyone is wondering what some of the other factors were that guided me in this direction, here they are:

*34 is an extension of an already proven powerplant, that being the RB25DET

*XR6T powerplant long term (5+ years) reliability has yet to be proven

*For me the R34 has the superior 'ride' in factory form (including braking, cornering and general driving position and feedback)

*I feel that the extra 200+ Kilos that the XR6T is lugging around would be hard to shed and/or compensate for without some serious money being spent on the suspension, brakes etc. The flip side is the GTT need not concern itself in this area and power gains can remain for the most part the only focus.

*The tip-tronic in the GTT has an overall better feel for my liking, hard to describe, drive both and you may see my point

*The looks. As someone mentioned earlier "how can you say no to those tail lights", point taken and agreed with

*In-terms of actually price the GTT is a couple of thousand cheaper so that money will go towards the car in some form, probably Alarm, Tint and Turbo timer.

*A bunch of other asthetic and gismo likings that I had with the 34

So thanks again everyone.

Good stuff! now all we need to do is go back to BWCP next sat nite and get u tht NISMO LED thingy and you're all set!

LOL yeah thats it mate. I will definately be keen for another cruise when I take delivery. Hopefully soon.

• 4 weeks later...