SAU Community

Where would I find the BOVs on an R32 GTR?

Hi.

I have a nasty intermittent compressor surge (where my turbos seem to be fighting each other) at around 3000 rpm. It's #!%* annoying as it interrupts that lovely power surge. I read that cleaning/adjusting the BOVs might help. It probably wouldn't hurt, anyway.

Where are the BOVs likely to be in a R32 GTR engine bay, and how would I recognise them?

Thanks,

James

Hmmmm...interesting.

Are these std turbos? At what boost?

Wondering if it is possible that the terb shuffle that I get is not solely from fitting the GT-RS terbs?

Hmmmm...interesting.

Are these std turbos?  At what boost?

Wondering if it is possible that the terb shuffle that I get is not solely from fitting the GT-RS terbs?

Mine are not standard. I believe they have been modified for better flow. It happens with the boost controller turned off (ie 11 lbs) or with it on (13 lbs or 16lbs).

Do a search on 'compressor surge' and you'll find a lot of discussion on the forums.

from what ive read in the past you will need some sort of balance pipe between the 2 turbos for something or other. I dont read in detail, just take in the basics :)

Means your going to have to remove your turbos though, which is a pain in the ass or costly if your paying someone else.

Good luck anyhow